News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

RR(+) Klickfix GTA rack accesories installed

Started by anotherviktor, March 26, 2021, 09:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

anotherviktor

Hey guys! I have posted this elsewhere but wanted to come back here and share it. I was never a big fan of official rack accesories ( not that they're even in stock ) and I had seen this German company with a really BIG selection of bags/crates/baskets/locking boxes. The key was to find a way to install their GTA adapter to the RR+ rack

After talking with Klickfix support their suggested their E-bike mounting brackets ( last pic, called "GTA Mounting Set E" ) which is metal ( compared to plastic ) and has a different design, that could possibly allow me to mount it on the really thick rack my bike has.

It worked, but not 100%, basically each bracket has 0.3mm on each side to "grip" on the bottom of the rack. But it's stable, tested it with 50km+ so far, going over many potholes and bumps, with stuff in the basket/box. Doesn't budge.

Another alternative would be to DIY some metal plates but I would lose the "anti-theft" aspect of the current adapter. Once you have an accessory on and it's locked, it's nearly impossible to remove the bracket.

The bracket GTA Adapter itself cost me €26 + €11 for the metal mounting set E

Basket was on sale for €26 & box @ €31

One minus due to the RR rack being so wide: I don't think I can use their pannier bags side slits the adapter has, but I might try this too :)

This allows me to do shopping with the basket and the box is more of a unicorn: It fits my Thousand helmet or quite a number of things! There is a bigger box which is like a motorbike box but I feel it's quite expensive and I have no need for this.

My next purchase would be their GTA Rackpack - all of the accesories lock onto the adapter! Don't expect a fancy lock though, I bet someone competent could pick it fast.