Author Topic: Blown Battery Connector on rad city  (Read 4969 times)

unknownbeastie

• View Profile
Blown Battery Connector on rad city
« on: November 06, 2020, 02:49:52 PM »
I've had my Rad City since August of 2019 and have loved riding it. I have had problems while i was in warranty, and rad pretty much replaced every part on the bike. But now I'm out of warranty and my woes continue. Just yesterday my bike started exhibiting weird behavior where the governor or system would kick in like i was going over the top speed when I was only going 5 mph, then the display showed the battery had depleted.

I checked the battery and the charge is fine and I'm pretty sure it is just a bad connector, but rad wants me to buy a new $500 battery. Does anyone know where i can source this connector? You'll notice from the pictures that it looks blown out.

fin_rad

• View Profile
Re: Blown Battery Connector on rad city
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 02:03:00 AM »
I would be very careful trying to use that battery again.
https://youtu.be/-ZLB2RB3bWI

Of course it could be just a faulty connector, either on the battery or on the battery holder side. Try to search "Hailong Battery Case Power Discharge connector Plug 4pins 5pins Male" or with similar words, Rad's battery case looks pretty much same than the HaiLong made.

And you should check for shortcuts on the battery holder connector, and also check the voltage of the battery.

Of course these are just and only my best guesses without any real knowledge about repairing any kind of faulty ebike batteries! :)

ejonesss

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2021, 07:36:55 AM »
looks like it may be some kind of proprietary connector.

you should not easily burn the connector unless the battery is not seated properly or the battery is shoddily made

DickB

• View Profile
    • carveshop.com
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 09:57:50 AM »
Found these:
https://www.ebay.com/i/264470802633

Looks like the same, but I have not ordered them.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 09:57:50 AM »