News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Shifting isn't right...

Started by SoCal760, October 07, 2020, 07:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

SoCal760

So I just received my new Radrover yesterday and am super excited! I took it for my first ride and it doesn't like shifting into 6th gear and some of the gear changes aren't crisp. I know nothing about bikes can anyone give me some advice? My wife's bike is doing the same thing oddly enough. I'd like to try and resolve on my own without having to pay for a bike mechanic on a brand new bike. Any suggestions?

Ryan

Rad video will most certainly help. With the last 2 Rad ebikes I've assembled it has only taken some minor adjustments to the barrel adjuster - by the derailleur. It's on my list to do a quick video on this.

radrover4fun

Wow that Youtube video is an hour long!

I just bought my spouse a radrover 5 and I rode it a block yesterday and its skipping between some gears.  I need to adjust the derailleur.  I have a bike stand for my road bike but it is to light duty for this beast.  I saw on another video where a guy made a wood bracket to support the handlebars to flip the bike upside down to work on it.  I am going to try and find that video again, I cannot remember what he called the bracket he made.

Gary

2 RR 5's and a step through Mini, things are getting outa hand!

erik

Sadly my new RadMini has the same problem, right out of the box.  The derailleur guard was bent when I unpacked it, the chain was off the front sprocket.  Both were easy enough to fix, but once I finished assembling it and rode it for the first time it would not shift properly, the chain came off the rear sprocket when trying to shift into first.

In looking at it all closely I can see that the derailleur mounting bracket or dropdown is bent inward just as the derailleur guard was.   I've got an e-mail in to Rad Power Bikes to ask what to do....

Sad when it's on a bike with zero miles.   Wife ordered a bike same time I did.  It didn't arrive today, hopefully will tomorrow.  I'm concerned it'll have the same damage.   :(