News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Ryan, Please chime in!

Started by santacruzpaul, August 21, 2022, 06:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

santacruzpaul

Ryan, There has been a ton of complaints about Rad and Rad products  lately.
Please chime in and give some updates! I am hesitant to buying another Radbike,
Please clarify shipping issues and supply/component, issues

Thanks, Paul

jbfoster

There has been more and more BBB complaints. They have a BBB rating of 3.05 stars out of 5.

JimInPT

Quote from: jbfoster on August 28, 2022, 01:21:21 PM
There has been more and more BBB complaints. They have a BBB rating of 3.05.

3.05 out of what - 4, 5 ..... 10?
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

jbfoster

Quote from: JimInPT on August 28, 2022, 05:58:35 PM

I'm use to pretty much every place using 5 star rating so I didn't think to put it. I updated my post.

santacruzpaul

Quote from: JimInPT on August 28, 2022, 05:58:35 PM

3 out of 5 star rating for Rad, from what I found, Allot of recent complaints, Rad needs to figure this out, I am need of another Ebike, And am leaning towards the Revi Cheetah, Only reason I have not pulled the trigger on the Cheetah is because am waiting for front suspension,

Rover

This info needs to be compared with RAD's competitors because they all have suffered from supply chain and staffing issues. All of them. The need for employees is stressing many businesses at present. I know several businesses that simply cannot get qualified people and this has been a problem persisting since Covid. This isn't to excuse any legitimate complaints Rad may deserve but is meant to say let's compare apples to apples.

JimInPT

Rover, you make an excellent point, but even so, bad and/or sloppy engineering can be an existential threat to the entire company - look at that stupid easily-blown battery design on the new bikes for instance, compounded by making it impossible for the user to replace a SOLDERED-ON surface-mount fuse!  That's inexcusable and if it happens often enough, and spreads wide enough ..... well.....  Rad = Edsel. 

It won't take many new, low-mileage Rad customers getting hit with a $700 new-battery bill to compensate for a 50-cent fuse failure before their entire family and all their friends know about it.  Who the hell solders fuses onto hidden and shrinkwrapped circuit boards?  I knew that was a dumb idea when I was 10 years old.  These days, maybe college kids might realize it.

The Edsel, as it happens, was actually a pretty good car in its day, with some interesting engineering, but it remains an eternal laughingstock.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Altema

Soldering a fuse in place is just stupid. Maybe it was cheaper since they don't have to engineer customer access to a part which is MEANT to be easily changed? I wonder if the Expand battery is the same way, since it's non-integrated like the old ones...

SemperVee

I've had nothing but easy to work with RAD for my mini problems and them sending out warranty parts much quicker than a year ago now!