News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

SAE or Metric

Started by Rover80, July 17, 2022, 04:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Rover80

I want to purchase a set of Allen sockets from Harbor Freight, but there catalogue lists both SAE and Metric sizes. Seeing that my soon to be delivered RR6+ is assembled in China, would I be correct in assuming that the Allen head bolts used in the RR6+ are Metric?

AtLarge

City 3

Muskie1

[quote author=AtLarge link=topic=2409.msg12667#msg12667
Metric, I bought a set of Allen head sockets and a torque wrench from Harbor Freight also a folding set of Allen tools.. The Allen head bolts strip easily, very cheap.  I buy new ones if I have to touch one.

joeliniowa

I prefer the "long" with rounded tips.  They work very nice.  You'll see Pro's using T handle Allen Wrenches.  If you can get to that price point, go for it!   Then Harbor Freight changes to Park Tools.   LOL  Happy wrenching!
Sorry I haven't used ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM for over 15 years.  Neither should you.  Search my name on FB, YT, TW, & those others.  I've been online since 1992. Most of that time as a Systems & Network Engineer.

JedidiahStolzfus

Why not buy both?  SAE is still commonly used in various things.  I have multiple sets of both among my various tool boxes cause you never know what you're going to encounter.