News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Won't Stay On Clicks Off

Started by sglynn55, March 05, 2022, 08:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

sglynn55

Tried to start Radrover 5 today, after winter.  Last rides were October.  Bike is only a year old.   The screen flashes on then off.  It won't stay on.  I also hear a slight click in the controller as if a circuit breaker let go.  I've followed the website instructions and un-assembled all the connectors, checked them and replugged them back together.  But something is causing the controller to turn off within a second after I turn it on.  Any ideas?  I am discussing with Rad support and we'll let you know.  I did carry it on back of our motorhome so it got rained on.  My wife's Rad Stepthru is fine, under the same circumstances. Might the controller have a short?  Or might something else be shorted?   I've also tried disconnecting the lights and motor and turning it on, but same result.  The screen comes on the click off.  The screen seems to be fine.  The battery is fully charged.  I tried a second battery same result.  Is there a reset sequence for the controller?  If so what?  Thanks for your ideas on the problem.

handlebar

Quote from: sglynn55 on March 05, 2022, 08:19:53 PM
Tried to start Radrover 5 today, after winter.  Last rides were October.  Bike is only a year old.   The screen flashes on then off.  It won't stay on.  I also hear a slight click in the controller as if a circuit breaker let go.  I've followed the website instructions and un-assembled all the connectors, checked them and replugged them back together.  But something is causing the controller to turn off within a second after I turn it on.  Any ideas?  I am discussing with Rad support and we'll let you know.  I did carry it on back of our motorhome so it got rained on.  My wife's Rad Stepthru is fine, under the same circumstances. Might the controller have a short?  Or might something else be shorted?   I've also tried disconnecting the lights and motor and turning it on, but same result.  The screen comes on the click off.  The screen seems to be fine.  The battery is fully charged.  I tried a second battery same result.  Is there a reset sequence for the controller?  If so what?  Thanks for your ideas on the problem.

If it happened to me, I'd remove any covers I could and try to get it thoroughly dry. If it's not humid, simply leaving it out to air might do it.