News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Which bike for a child seat

Started by Mayoak, January 02, 2021, 02:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Mayoak

Hi moms and dads

I want to ride in the suburb of Dallas, TX with a 2 year old in the back. Not many hills but I want to get a radrunner plus in case we move to a hilly town in the US. But the plus is out of stock and they don't know when they will get more. I don't want the Wagon because it's too long and I won't have more kids. Could you guys share your opinions and experience? Also if you have any suggestions outside the rad power bikes, under $2000. Thank you.

Ryan

Hi Mayoak, welcome to the forum! There aren't many ebikes that are a similar style to the RadRunner that also have the same weight capacity. I can't think of another option that's going to be a good fit for a 2-year-old since you'll quickly exceed any standalone rear rack max capacity.

The Wagon is longer, but we still love it with our one child. The extra length allows you to also bring bags as well as a child in the Thule Yepp Maxi. The benefit of having it plug and play with that child seat is awesome and will fit your child for years to come. I'd go with the RadRunner 1 for its value and the fact that it fits your needs now. If need be you can always either upgrade the controller for more power up hills or sell it and buy something else when the time comes. Let us know what you decide.

Mayoak

Thank you, Ryan. OMG did i post it in the classified?? Jeez. Sorry. Is it okay if I copy and past it to the general discussion for more inputs or are you able to transfer it?

I really appreciate your input. The Wagon is good even with only one child, and if not, just go for the radrunner. I didn't think about the rear seat weight capacity. Duh. That's really helpful. I'm so relieved to see there is a forum for rad bike people.