News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Hollywood Racks Sport Rider Ebike Hitch Rack

Started by swinnett, September 29, 2020, 12:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

swinnett

$350 and the buyer pays for shipping.

I bought the rack from Rad. It is set up for one regular tire Rad eBike and one fat tire eBike. We have a RadCity Step Thru and a RadRover.

There is nothing wrong with the rack. I just needed a rack that is rated for use on a fifth wheel trailer.

It comes with a cable lock that is keyed to match the locks on the rack.

spyder918

I'm very interested.  Does it work with your Step-Thru though?  Or do you need one of those special bars to hold it in?
Also, it depends how far you live as I'm sure shipping wouldn't be cheap.

Ryan

Just some info I learned about these bike racks. The fat tire racks will work with other size tires as well. Our cargo/fat combo has worked well putting on another ebike with 2.3/2.4" tires. I also plan to use it to haul my analog mountain bike. I did ask Hollywood Racks and they said there is nothing wrong with putting ebikes with smaller tires in an ebike sized mount.

spyder918

Quote from: Ryan on September 29, 2020, 06:14:49 PM
Just some info I learned about these bike racks. The fat tire racks will work with other size tires as well. Our cargo/fat combo has worked well putting on another ebike with 2.3/2.4" tires. I also plan to use it to haul my analog mountain bike. I did ask Hollywood Racks and they said there is nothing wrong with putting ebikes with smaller tires in an ebike sized mount.

Thanks for confirming.  I was wondering about that since my wife has a non ebike cruiser with thin tires.  I just need to know if you need those special cross bars for bikes to be mounted properly.

swinnett

I did not get the extra bar. I always put the hook over the small cross bar next to the battery area. I tried to attach a picture of the place I am talking about, but the website gave an error for taking too long to upload. Anyway, it's down near the pedals and next to the square frame where the battery goes. Mine has a big 3 on that bar. I think it is the version number of the bike.

Also, I am in North Carolina for the next week. I am a full time RVer and after that, I will be in South Carolina, then Georgia. Shipping cost could change based on where I am at the time.

Watsot

Would you happen to be in the outer banks area of nc?

swinnett

No. I am in the Winston-Salem area. I am willing to meet halfway though.

TopDoc

swinnett