News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Caboose Modifications for Elderly Passenger

Started by MadgePadge, April 16, 2021, 04:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

MadgePadge

I am new to the forum - so not sure if this has been addressed. I am looking for a solution that will allow me to take my 86-year-old mom for rides in between my house and her independent living (about 1/4 mile away). She is pretty adventuresome, and I would like to have her ride on the back of the Radwagon, but I also don't want her to fall off.  I am trying to figure out if there is a way to make modifications to the Caboose so that she can get in without being lifted!  If anyone has any ideas or knows of someone who could make modifications to the Caboose (such as putting in a hinge, maybe?) I would appreciate hearing about it! Thank you. Marjie in Grand Rapids, MI

David Hayden

There are threads where people couldn't not wait for the caboose to come in or was out of stock and they made their own out of wood, and it looks pretty cool.
A lot of those people said they made one side with a hinge so it can be opened up.
Do a search and you will see there are patterns for making this yourself, and it seems pretty easy