News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Tire Sizes for Runner?

Started by Leaver, May 07, 2020, 05:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Leaver

Greetings all,
I'm considering getting a RadRunner to add to my RadCity.  But the tire size of the Runner is so unusual at 3.3 inches wide.  I wonder if anyone has tried either a narrower or wider tire with the Runner and with what success.
Thanks

Ryan

Quote from: Leaver on May 07, 2020, 05:06:53 PM
Greetings all,
I'm considering getting a RadRunner to add to my RadCity.  But the tire size of the Runner is so unusual at 3.3 inches wide.  I wonder if anyone has tried either a narrower or wider tire with the Runner and with what success.
Thanks

You are correct it is an odd size. According to the Rad Power Bikes website here: https://bit.ly/3bhX8XU both the Kenda Krusade (20" x 4") and the Kenda Kraze (20" x 4.25") are compatible with the RadRunner 1. I guess that gives you some more options as far as a third party options though I think Rad's prices are reasonable at $39 each.

When I contacted Rad Power Bikes about replacement tires for my RadWagon they wouldn't definitively tell me the tire sizes the rims could accommodate. I bought 2" wide studded tires and the stock tires are 2.3" wide. Just in case someone else was looking into other options.

Leaver

Thank you Ryan for the fast reply.  Good to know that the 4.0 tires will fit the Runner.  As you point out, that gives me another option should I want to try something other than the stock.  Plus the 4.0 fat tires will help soak up a few more bumps and ruts since the runner has a rigid front fork.  And I do agree that Rad's tire prices are good, and I have no qualms buying from them.  I just wanted to make sure I could try a different size.
Thanks again.

Ryan

Quote from: Leaver on May 07, 2020, 08:13:34 PM
Thank you Ryan for the fast reply.  Good to know that the 4.0 tires will fit the Runner.  As you point out, that gives me another option should I want to try something other than the stock.  Plus the 4.0 fat tires will help soak up a few more bumps and ruts since the runner has a rigid front fork.  And I do agree that Rad's tire prices are good, and I have no qualms buying from them.  I just wanted to make sure I could try a different size.
Thanks again.
No problem. In fact I learned something as well as I was researching. I'd definitely go with the wider tires if given the option.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

KinLL

Does anyone have the width measurement for a RadRunner rim, is it 80mm by any chance?