News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Dashcam

Started by Mkelley444, March 20, 2021, 10:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Mkelley444

Is there a way to attach a dashcam to the radrunner?

robzkombi

Are you talking about a regular car dash cam?  I'd go with a action cam.

sc00ter

Target sells GoPro action cams but the employees don't know anything about them. Cycle Gear (motorcycle gear seller) used to sell GoPro but they switched over to Sena action cams that mount to your helmet.But Cycle Gear knows their products very well. I had a older GoPro but want a newer, better resolution model.

Ryan

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but I am thinking about reviewing one of these rear cameras. It's called the Cyclesight: https://cyclingdesigns.com/

Let me know if anyone else thinks this is an interesting product.

sc00ter

Yes please! I would so put this on my commuter if it works as advertised.

wkindred

yeah, i'd like to see a review also.

Altema

The cycle sight looks interesting, but if it is valuable or not depends on how it records. From the website, it seems to record frames like a timelapse instead of a smooth video. We won't know for sure until the unit is reviewed and playback is tested. Smooth playback would be useful for content creators. I already have a review camera, but it doesn't record.

For recording in the front, there are several options like handlebar camera mounts. There are several inexpensive action cameras, but video stabilization is usually missing or terrible. If you are only using the video for a safety record in case of accident, then these will be fine. I tried the Akaso EK7000, and the video was terrible. I upgraded to the Pro version for stabilization, and the stabilization was not half as good as an old HTC RE periscope camera. I ended up getting an actual GoPro, and using it with a chest harness or a frame mount. Below is a photo of it on the front of my RadMini using the rack mounts. A GUB 609 Bicycle Handlebar Stem Mount was "opened up" a bit for the larger screws, and the GoPro Hero 8 Black mounts directly to it.

jbfoster

Quote from: Altema on March 26, 2021, 08:42:10 AM
The cycle sight looks interesting, but if it is valuable or not depends on how it records. From the website, it seems to record frames like a timelapse instead of a smooth video. We won't know for sure until the unit is reviewed and playback is tested. Smooth playback would be useful for content creators. I already have a review camera, but it doesn't record.

For recording in the front, there are several options like handlebar camera mounts. There are several inexpensive action cameras, but video stabilization is usually missing or terrible. If you are only using the video for a safety record in case of accident, then these will be fine. I tried the Akaso EK7000, and the video was terrible. I upgraded to the Pro version for stabilization, and the stabilization was not half as good as an old HTC RE periscope camera. I ended up getting an actual GoPro, and using it with a chest harness or a frame mount. Below is a photo of it on the front of my RadMini using the rack mounts. A GUB 609 Bicycle Handlebar Stem Mount was "opened up" a bit for the larger screws, and the GoPro Hero 8 Black mounts directly to it.

How long of record time you get out of your GoPro battery? I have the GoPro Max mounted on my helmet. I get 45 minutes out of the battery using 360 mode. I guess recording from two lenses uses up more battery.

Jim

wkindred

i like the "GUB 609 Bicycle Handlebar Stem Mount". ordered one to use on my radrunner.

Altema

Quote from: wkindred on March 29, 2021, 07:06:19 AM

i like the "GUB 609 Bicycle Handlebar Stem Mount". ordered one to use on my radrunner.
I like how solid it is. If you need a threaded camera mount to go with it for cameras that don't have the GoPro type mount, then below is an all-metal adapter that is just as solid.

https://amzn.to/3dvkWKS