Author Topic: Radrunner plus coming along!  (Read 5712 times)

Hbomb

• View Profile
Radrunner plus coming along!
« on: February 13, 2021, 11:47:26 AM »
Added backrest using a t-plate from Home Depot (the seat cushion is on my Radwagon). Velo Orange bottle cage for my nalgene. Quadlock phone mount. Ars seat with handle. Zip tied some quick links for mounting panniers. Contemplating a front rack but I like the light mounted on the fender. Wonder when Rad will get the center console back in stock?

Thinking of trying the 2nd battery mod and using the parallel wire from Bolton. I’m not very savvy with electric things so it kinda makes me nervous.

I included a pic of my Radwagon seat configuration. These bikes are fun to mod !
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 11:10:05 PM by Hbomb »

lcoleman

• View Profile
Re: Radrunner plus coming along!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 03:23:33 PM »
Would you mind sharing a picture of how you attached the backrest to the RadRunner Plus passenger seat? I would like to do the same thing to my bike and am interested in seeing how you attached it to the underside.

Thanks!!!

Hbomb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 04:04:29 PM »
I literally used heavy duty zip ties. To show pictures I would have to uninstall the seat. I couldn’t find the right hardware to match the screwholes in the frame. So I bought what I thought would work best, a t bracket from Home Depot and zip tied the ish out of it. The backrest is just so my 9 year old doesn’t feel like he will fall off the back. It’s false security for sure.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 10:50:20 AM by Hbomb »

Hbomb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 10:53:49 AM »
Here is a pic of the underside where I attached the backrest to the bike.

se-riously

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2021, 01:55:27 PM »
Thanks Hbomb.  I've seen those small seats and handlebars on E-Bay that you have installed on your Radwagon.  Think they're strong enough for an adult to hold onto / support their weight?  Might I suggest you remove the passenger seat on the Radrunner Plus and add 2 zip ties (above the tailight) between your backrest and T-bracket.  Which T-bracket did you use?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 01:57:58 PM by se-riously »

lcoleman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2021, 02:19:51 PM »
Thanks HBomb! Very helpful!

Calson

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2021, 12:41:51 PM »
Can anyone provide the dimensions for the passenger seat on the RadRunner Plus? I want to be able to mount a folding rack/basket in place of the seat to carry a backpack.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2021, 12:41:51 PM »