News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

35 amp controller upgrade in the U.K.

Started by Tony, December 14, 2020, 12:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Altema

Quote from: Tony on February 28, 2021, 06:56:21 AM
Any more thoughts on the delayed pedal pedal assist ?   Tony.
Since your P4 and C4 are set to 0, then those are not causing the delay. Take a look at C1 which is the cadence sensor sensitivity. If yours is set to 3, change it to 2. 

Tony

Thanks for the suggestion. My C1 was set to 4.  I changed setting to 3 with no improvement and making the Speedo erratic at low speed. I changed the setting to 2 resulted in no pedal assist, still with erratic speedo. Seems these changes were making things worse so I changed C1 to 5. This is much more responsive with pedal assist engaging almost immediately. Just posting this to say thank you Altema for suggesting where to look, and it may help others. Tony.

Jimlad

Hey guys I am in UK (Southampton) and also have the 35 amp kit fitted on my rad wagon 4. It sure does shift. I am thinking the branded 250w motor never was 250w and more restricted for the EU

Tony

Yes the Euro 250 motor isn't the problem, as it seems to be capable of producing up to approx 1500 watts with the 35 amp controller. I think it was Altema that mentioned some time ago the standard controller was the restriction. In our case restricting us to 250 Watts.

Jimlad

It was painful to use before the upgrade. Hitting 16mph and feeling like someone breaked for you. 

Like a new toy now !

I need to make a bracket for the 35a controller what have others done ?

Tony

I have a Rad Mini 4 but I think Ryan did a video fitting for the Wagon