News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Does anyone use clip in pedals?

Started by Miller, May 04, 2021, 05:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Miller

Hello, fellow Rad bikers. I'm just getting used to my new RadRunner plus, have changed the seat out and will probably get another seat post with an offset to move me back a bit. I've been considering using my clip-in pedals off my old road bike, does anyone out there use clip-in pedals?
75yo cyclist for 30+ years. Loving my Radrunner plus. Hope to find some mods I want like where best to put a mirror and hand panniers.

Hehateme

Nope. The additional efficiency of the clip ins is negated by the motor. I use chester mountain bike pedals and wear vans. Good grippy contact. The stock pedals seem fine as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FortunatelyTheMilk

I found my feet were slipping off a lot in the wet, so I installed a pair of MTB flats as well. There's so much wrong with the riding position of a RR that clips aren't going to help with much

Veggyhed

I say give clips a shot and let us know.
I am looking to replace my folding pedals with
mtb flats. They are to small and offer very little traction when it rains.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

SemperVee

Riding bike with clipless pedal shoes with clips off.   Unsure if it helps or hurts with relaxed riding position.

Altema

I used clips when doing marathons on my road bike, but they would be a pain on group rides or frequent stops. On mountain bike trails, I sometimes need to put a foot out for stability, so clips would be a negative safety issue. The stock pedals were too slippery and I wore the bearings out, so I switched to Mzyra three bearing mountain bike pedals. A comparison photo is attached. Much grippier!