News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

New semi-integrated battery very low voltage when received

Started by Naranja_CT5+, March 02, 2024, 10:25:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Naranja_CT5+

I received my new bike a few weeks ago. I put aside the battery aside since I have no use of it due to weather outside.
Now it?s time to start setting it up therefore I begin looking at charging the battery. I took the battery out of the bike and placed it at my work table. When I pressed the button for 3 to 5 secs to take it out of shipping mode, Nothing happened, no light at all.

So I decided to put the battery back in the bike and turn it on. On the LCD display there was a single flashing LED on the battery level indicator. Therefore I assumed since it has so low power was the reason that the shipping mode was not functioning.

I took a picture and proceeded to charge it anyways.

I was thinking why it was not in Shipping Mode? And has anyone received a new bike in such a low voltage state?
In Canada it's called eh_Bike

John Rose

FWIW, The manuals for the RadExpand 5 and the RadMini ST2 make no mention at all about "shipping mode" for the battery. My RadExpand arrived with about 80% charge. They are both external batteries though, so maybe the semi-integrated ones are treated differently.
I can't comment on how the RadMini's battery shipped because I bought it from a friend.
RadMini ST 2 / RadExpand 5

Naranja_CT5+

It just surprises me. I expected or assumed to see somewhere above 50% charged. To see less than one LED lit up gave me a little panic attack. Maybe this is their way of safely shipping the battery.

The good thing though is that it charged fully.
In Canada it's called eh_Bike

John Rose

RadMini ST 2 / RadExpand 5