News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Rad Rover 6 Headlight & Taillight Issue

Started by ScotPDX, February 23, 2024, 09:45:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

ScotPDX

Headlights on my Rad Rover 6 with 136 miles on it quit working.  The tail light has a very dim blink, but the brake lights work.  Checked all the connections and they seem fine.  When I turn the lights on via the controller, the light indicator comes on.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I searched the forum clear back to 2022 and didn't see anything.

inoxa

Have you installed an different headlight?  Aftermarket headlights can burn up Rad controllers.

Hopefully it is under warranty and you receive a new controller.  If not and you have to have lights you can either go with battery operated lights or a new controller.  If you decide a new controller, I suggest you upgrade to a 35amp for more power and color screen. 

Area 13 carries the upgraded controllers and the screens as a kit.  They do sell out from time to time.

One guy on this forum bought a used partly functioning controller and salvaged parts from it to make his work.  Inside the controller there are 2 small boards that control either the front light or the rear.  They are the same part for either light.  He replaced those to make his lights work.