News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Rad Rover Battery longevity question

Started by ChrisG, February 06, 2024, 06:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

ChrisG

Curious as to just how long a battery should last before it is expected to reach its end of life span (years)? My bike its almost 3 years old now and the battery seams good as new. Just anticipating how old they get before everyone is facing buying a replacement?

inoxa

it all depends on the number charging cycles and how much throttle you use. 

I got 7000 out of a battery before I started having problems.  I burned the wiring because of too much current flowing.  After repaired it was almost as good as new.  But range for me is much lower because of have several hills I tackle. 

mrgold35

I have two 2016 Radrovers with around 8000 miles between them.  I have three batteries I rotate between the two rovers.  Looks like my max range of 30-32 miles at PAS 2/3 is down to around 25-27 miles at PAS 2/3.  Still works out because my max mileage on a ride is always under 20-22 miles.  Only when I can't complete a norm ride is when I will consider replacement of the battery pack or the entire ebike.

The wife has an 2018 Radcity with only 1000 miles.  I don't know if her battery pack has issues because she doesn't ride as far or as much.

inoxa

Too cold and too hot can reduce battery performance