News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Electronic deraileur

Started by Kenzo35, February 06, 2024, 03:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Kenzo35

Has anybody installed or considered an electronic deraileur for their rad powerbike?

John Rose

??? Umm ... Not when it costs 1/3 to 1/2 the price of a whole bike.
RadMini ST 2 / RadExpand 5

Kenzo35

Fair point. The main reason I haven?t pulled the trigger on one. Hoping price drops. My stock shifter is too stiff to shift with my thumb, have to use the heal of my hand to change gears.

inoxa

Wow my stock one on my Rover 5 is very easy and simple to shift.  You may have one that is defective or maybe the wire is too short or binding on something.  I have never had to adjust mine so I couldn't tell you want to do.

John Rose

If it's not a defect of the shifter, what about replacing it with a stem shifter, like this one?

The additional length gives better leverage, and you can fine-tune (via that black knob) the pressure required to move it.
RadMini ST 2 / RadExpand 5

inoxa

maybe the cable is binding in the tubing and needs lubrication. I would disconnect the wiring and see if it freely moves.  if not lube it.  if lube doesn't help you have a kink in it some place. It should move freely and easily.