News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

I didn't fall off the earth...

Started by Altema, January 20, 2024, 10:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Altema

...I just have a new job which often leaves me burned out at the end of the day! I still get to ride a few times a week, but it's always dark by the time I get home, so rides are shorter and closer to home. This past week we finally got winter with -25? F windchills, but it's the ice that has kept me from riding 🥶

How is the RadMini 4 doing? Excellent. It's been dead reliable and has about 8,000 miles on it now, with 5,918 of those being on the Phaserunner. The throttle is still buttery smooth, and the dynamic pedal assist is working so well that I like it better than some torque sensing systems I rode last year. I increased the maximum battery amperage from 60 to 80 amps, and the controller and motor really seem to like the extra overhead. The new sweet spot in sport mode is 3,200 watts, and the bike is a riot at that power level, but I'll be honest and say 750 watts is what I mostly use when riding solo. The normal group rides are over, but I still hang out and ride with buddies in Ann Arbor occasionally. A lot of them have Sur Rons, and keeping up with them is where the extra power comes in handy.

AtLarge

City 3

JimInPT

Sounds like you've got a nice little pocket-rocket there; hope you enjoy it for another 8k miles at least.  I love my little 35A 2021 MiniST 2.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Ryan

Thanks for the update! I don't spend a ton of time here but always read whenever I see your username :)

Best of luck with the new gig.