News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Rad's New Pricing

Started by Ryan, January 19, 2024, 11:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Ryan

We've seen prices all over the board over the last 1, even 2 years with Rad. Seems like they have settled on a new "normal". Curious what others think. The RadRover's now feel appropriately priced even though we've seen "flash sales" of the high step as low as $1,199. The RadTrike also feels competitively priced for what you're getting.

RadRover 6 Plus High Step: Current Price $1,599, Original Price $2,099
RadRover 6 Plus Step-Thru: Current Price $1,599, Original Price $2,099
RadExpand 5: Current Price $1,599, Original Price $1,649
RadRunner Plus: Current Price $1,899, Original Price $1,999
RadRunner 2: Current Price starts from $1,399, Original Price $1,499
RadWagon 4: Current Price $1,799, Original Price $1,999
RadCity 5 Plus High-Step: Current Price $1,699, Original Price $1,999
RadCity 5 Plus Step-Thru: Current Price $1,699, Original Price $1,999
RadTrike: Current Price $1,499, Original Price $2,499

inoxa

Looks like the Rovers are in line with Pre-Pandemic pricing but some adjustment for inflation.

Their City Bike must be their bread and butter holding the price higher.

The trike must be a bust.  Maybe another Mission in the making to disappear.

Altema

Quote from: inoxa on January 20, 2024, 07:54:19 AM
Looks like the Rovers are in line with Pre-Pandemic pricing but some adjustment for inflation.

Their City Bike must be their bread and butter holding the price higher.

The trike must be a bust.  Maybe another Mission in the making to disappear.

The Rad trike kind of had it's rug pulled out from under it by the Lectric trike, even though I and others felt the Rad was higher quality. There's lots of trikes by other companies now, so I don't imagine the Rad version will ever be a hot seller.

Muskie1

I have a 2021 Mini 4 , good bike. Within the past year I have bought 3 new bikes and one scooter.
Two of the bikes were gifts for first time ebike users. I looked for ease of maintenance and pricing of batteries and original purchase.  Gifts were two Lectric lites. Lectric hit the entry market perfect with this bike and pricing across the board f or accessories and batteries.
Rad needs a Mission replacement lite bike under a grand.
When I do get a bike to replace my Mini there are too many better options at equal or lower pricing.

JimInPT

The Expand Contract still seems very overpriced, considering how much they stripped off of the MiniST 2 (which as I recall had sold as low as about $1,100 and has more features) to create it.

Every now and then I'm tempted to hug my 2021 MiniST 2 in appreciation for having it.  It's perfect for me and I've seen nothing better from Rad since.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.