News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Bike won't turn on.

Started by Huppopapa, January 17, 2024, 07:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Huppopapa

Hello Radfriends!  My bike won't turn on.  After turning the key on and pressing the button, the screen will flash on and that is it.  It won't turn on again unless you turn the key off and on again.
I have checked the 5A and 40A fuses and they are intact.
And I can't get any response from Radbikes EU.
HELP!

santacruzpaul

Quote from: Huppopapa on January 17, 2024, 07:02:06 AM
Hello Radfriends!  My bike won't turn on.  After turning the key on and pressing the button, the screen will flash on and that is it.  It won't turn on again unless you turn the key off and on again.
I have checked the 5A and 40A fuses and they are intact.
And I can't get any response from Radbikes EU.
HELP!

Yes, Customer Support has been poor lately, Someone will chime in for you soon hopefully,

John Rose

Quote from: Huppopapa on January 17, 2024, 07:02:06 AM
... It won't turn on again unless you turn the key off and on again.
Does it work normally and run after you do that?

Are you turning the key all the way to the (fully-clockwise) third position?
If I leave the keyswitch in the 2nd position, my RadExpand 5 will flash all of the LEDs briefly and then turn them off. That's the power off/battery locked position.
For the RadMini ST2 in the second position, pressing the Mode button will turn the LCD display on and off again. That is also the power off/battery locked position.
If the 40A fuse was blown or missing it should not even flicker.

QuoteAnd I can't get any response from Radbikes EU.
Radbikes EU/UK does seem to be shutting down, at least for sales of bikes.
I've had pretty good luck with the "live chat" on the Radbikes US site help centre, at least as far as general inquiries go.
There should be an orange and black button at the bottom right of https://support.radpowerbikes.com , although they'll probably refer you to one of the troubleshooting guides. That's supposed to be staffed from Mon-Fri: 8 am-3 pm PST (or 4 PM - 11 PM UTC)

What model of bike do you have?
RadMini ST 2 / RadExpand 5

handlebar

I agree: maybe it's the key switch. Before and after charging a battery, I check the voltage with a meter. Checking that way, with the battery off the bike, also shows that the key switch works.