News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Rad Rover / Rhino 6+

Started by athanri, January 10, 2024, 04:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

athanri

Hi All,

New to this forum.

Having an issue with a Battery for my Rad Bike. The battery is fully charged but it shows empty on actual bike display?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

KR
Athanri.

John Rose

Does the bike display light up at all? Or does it power up just enough to indicate a nearly-empty battery?
How about the headlight?

Does it have this kind of display and buttons?

Do the test LEDs on the battery itself indicate anything? (I think you need to turn the keyswitch to the power on position to use the test button)

How can you tell if the battery is supposed to be fully charged? If you assume that it's fully charged because the charger says it's charged, it may be that the 40A discharge fuse is blown. Charging current goes through a separate 5A fuse. If the 40A fuse is blown or missing, then the battery's own test LEDs won't light up at all. And the bike won't power up.
RadMini ST 2 / RadExpand 5

athanri

Quote from: John Rose on January 10, 2024, 06:25:12 PM
Does the bike display light up at all? Or does it power up just enough to indicate a nearly-empty battery?
How about the headlight?

Does it have this kind of display and buttons?

Do the test LEDs on the battery itself indicate anything? (I think you need to turn the keyswitch to the power on position to use the test button)

How can you tell if the battery is supposed to be fully charged? If you assume that it's fully charged because the charger says it's charged, it may be that the 40A discharge fuse is blown. Charging current goes through a separate 5A fuse. If the 40A fuse is blown or missing, then the battery's own test LEDs won't light up at all. And the bike won't power up.

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply,

So I can tell it's charged as when I press the indicator button ALL the leds on the battery light up.

As far as the display is concerned the display comes on and shows the battery at One flashing bar on left panel and the number 30 with a warning icon on the main display.

Also there is no power coming through to the bike.

Hope this clarifies the issue.

John Rose

Going by the Rad troubleshooting guide (such as it is), it sounds like a connector or wiring continuity issue. It's definitely not the battery, and enough of the system is working to give you the error code.

Have a look at one of these - https://radpowerbikes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/12604785338267-Error-30-connector-check-guides - whichever one seems closest to your model.
RadMini ST 2 / RadExpand 5

athanri

Quote from: John Rose on January 11, 2024, 03:42:31 PM
Going by the Rad troubleshooting guide (such as it is), it sounds like a connector or wiring continuity issue. It's definitely not the battery, and enough of the system is working to give you the error code.

Have a look at one of these - https://radpowerbikes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/12604785338267-Error-30-connector-check-guides - whichever one seems closest to your model.

Thanks John, Appreciate the feedback and will look at those suggestions.