News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Rad rover lights

Started by Nicktheflick, December 21, 2023, 12:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Nicktheflick

Hi (from the UK) any one have some thoughts on why the lights on my 2015 Rad Rover just power down after a few seconds of illumination?  Never doen this before and it's one of the functions that has never failed - to date!  The screen stays illuminated as well as the 'lights-on' logo though the lights just go off after 20 seconds or so.  Turn them off (double button push) then back on and they are restored then a few seconds later they're off again.

A very annoying mistery and any suggetions welcome, thenks...

inoxa

I am assuming the rest of the bike works fine.  if so it sounds like some diodes in the LED light has gone bad.  time for a new light. 

handlebar

Do both front and rear lights go out? Do they fade out? I think there could be a break in the wiring. Maybe it would respond to wiggling.

Nicktheflick

Quote from: inoxa on December 23, 2023, 08:43:24 AM
I am assuming the rest of the bike works fine.  if so it sounds like some diodes in the LED light has gone bad.  time for a new light.

Thanks for the suggestion though there is nothing wrong with the lights, both front and rear turn off at the same time also they're both reasonably new.  It's a system issue - but what?

Nicktheflick

Quote from: handlebar on December 23, 2023, 01:06:19 PM
Do both front and rear lights go out? Do they fade out? I think there could be a break in the wiring. Maybe it would respond to wiggling.

Thanks and have done plenty of wiggleing!  All the connections are firm and make good electrical contact so remains a mistery for the time being...

inoxa

Thanks for the suggestion though there is nothing wrong with the lights, both front and rear turn off at the same time also they're both reasonably new.  It's a system issue - but what?
[/quote]

Are the lights new to the bike or came with your newer bike?  Some aftermarket lights have been known to have problems on RADS. 

handlebar

Quote from: inoxa on December 24, 2023, 08:45:06 AM

Are the lights new to the bike or came with your newer bike?  Some aftermarket lights have been known to have problems on RADS.
[/quote]

I think you're onto something. When he said it had never done this before, I imagined the lights weren't "reasonably new."

When I wanted a brighter headlight, I got a USB rechargeable one to avoid a possible overload. It gives me many nights on a charge and tells me what percent is left.