News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Replacement Brake Pads

Started by Franklueck, December 07, 2023, 03:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Franklueck

I have a Radcity 5 and am looking for replacement Brake Pads, any suggestions on finding the correct ones?
I have tried generic pads from Bay and also getting Brake Pads and Information from Rad and can't get a answer
Any Suggestions ??

John Rose

Have you tried using their online chat in Support? I've had pretty good luck with that.

Do the brake calipers have a make and model name or number? Maybe try that company.
RadMini ST 2 / RadExpand 5

handlebar

When I needed new pads, I noted the brand of the brakes and put a pad on my desk for comparison. I checked Amazon for pads to fit that brand. I compared those offered to the one on my desk. Then it was a matter of choosing organic, semimetalic, or metalic.

Franklueck

Thanks Guys,
I can find the "Nutt" brand name on the lever/reservoir but no brand name on the Caliper, I was able to buy Shimano sized pads but the had to be ground down on the edges to fit properly, they do work but I'd still like to find the correct size, I have two Radcity 5's

I have not had any luck from Rad Chat line, just generic preprogrammed responses

handlebar

I checked Amazon for "nutt brake pads." There were a lot of offerings. If you click one, on the left is a column of thumbnails to pull up different illustrations. Each offering is likely to have at least one illustration with precise measurements. (That's why I was confident that the ones I bought would fit.)

Bobk

I have used the CYCEARTH "4 Pairs Bicycle Bike Disc Brake Pads for SRAM Avid Elixir E1 E3 E5 E7 E9 CR XO XX DB1 DB3 DB5 Nutt Oil Brake(Semi-Metallic/Sintered Metal)" brake pads from Amazon on my Rad City 5 Plus with great success.

https://www.amazon.ca/CYCEARTH-Bicycle-Elixir-Semi-Metallic-Sintered/dp/B08B1R9SK9/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2HZ6BQCWDJ34D&keywords=nutt+brake+pads&qid=1706075377&sprefix=nutt+brake+pads%2Caps%2C120&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1