News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Support

Started by Bernard, April 27, 2021, 10:54:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Bernard

I've read that Rad Power Bikes support is very good, but so far I don't see that. I need a few parts for my newly acquired 2017 Radwagon, contacted support using their form, but no response so far. I would understand that if it was a part for a vintage car that had to be special ordered from France or Italy, but Rad Power Bikes is right here in the United States of America, and unfortunately these parts can't be ordered from any other source because they don't publish what's used on their bikes.

If I need a part for my Bafang-powered bike, I can order that in a few minutes, even though that stuff is also made in China. Which, since I'm frustrated anyway, is the reason I would never buy a Radwagen V4. Imagine having to pay a ransom for 22" tires from a horder in Khazachstan because Rad Power Bikes decided to move to yet another size with the V5 or V6 and don't support "legacy" bikes anymore.

So here's my question: how long does it usually take to get a parts response from the good people at the Rad Power Bikes team?

wkindred

...as other forum members have noted, it's usually much easier to contact the rad power folks via telephone.

i've also found that to be the case.

as domitron noted: "Spoke with Jonathan today at Rad Rover customer support (this was the first time I'd called rather than messaged them).  He said they are just really busy...".

sc00ter

Bernard, please don't rake this the wrong way, but if customer service is the priority then buy a mainstream brand from a brick and mortar bicycle shop in your area. Specialized, Trek, Pedego. In over 2000 miles I've never had a reason to contact Rad Power for any support so I have no experience with their customer service. But I had a Pedego before my Rad Runner and it was really nice just going a few miles down the road for one on one, real in-person customer service. But Pedego didn't sell what I wanted and price was my main concern, hence the 'Runner.

Bernard

Wkindred, thank you for that suggestion. I will try that route.

ScOOter, customers service is not my priority. I'm a lifelong cyclist and quite handy with bicycles. I don't need servicing, but I do need parts which I can't order anywhere else, sadly. To use your phrase, imagine you bought a car at a reasonable price and it breaks down on the way to work. For weeks you are trying to get the spare parts you need to fix the car but nobody responds to your inquiry. Eventually, someone tells you you "should have bought some other car" if service is your priority. That's what you said, and I won't take that the wrong way. Thank you for responding though; that's more than I can say about Rad Power Bikes so far.

sc00ter

I'm sorry, I must have misread your post. But I know your pain. Here's how. I own an Italian motor scooter. It's a great scooter and been super reliable in the 2 years and 16.000 miles I've owned it. But no one ever has needed parts in-stock. So I pretend I'm psychic and pre-order "needed" parts in advance. I follow the forms and note whats failed on others with the same scooter. The scooter prior to this one was even worse for parts! I was hunting the whole east coast for a wreaked parts scooter until I lost a end bearing. It does stink when proprietary parts are hard to come buy. I would hope that as our ebikes get more popular cross compatible parts will become the norm.

donlewis

This has been my biggest complaint. Service support... days before receiving any feedback. 

Three out of four bolts were frozen when trying to put on fenders on radrunner. There solution was to drive it 300 miles from my home to have a repair guy look at it.

Ordered new seat.  Lost in the mail... no response from Radpower...

They seem to be too tech savvy for their own good. 

Hire Help RAdpower!!!!

handlebar

April 4, I told them my front rack had come without screws for the holes tapped in it. April 22, Support told me they were M5 and I should buy them at my local hardware store. That was no help. I knew they were M5 by measuring with a caliper. There is no local hardware store. I would have had to order from Amazon, but he hadn't told me the pitch. M5 comes in two pitches.

If I hadn't solved the problem myself, my Radrunner rack would still be useless. What's more, it wasn't aligned with the length of the bike frame. A couple of washers made it less noticeable.

April 2, I'd asked how to lubricate the rear brake cable, which had creaked since the day my Radrunner arrived. The bot acknowledged my message, and now it's marked solved. However, the customer-service guy acknowledged it in the reply telling me to buy screws. He told me to make a video of my brake cable for him. That's when I saw that the cable has been damaged by heat at the spot where the vibrations occur. I sent a photo and haven't heard a reply about my "solved" problem.

Bernard

sc00ter, I'm 63 years old. I own a 1960 Lambretta S2 and a 1963 Riverside, so basically a Lambretta S3. I've been walking the walk for many years.

Joel52334

I ordered my RPW4 in October 2020, I also made a substantial list of accessories & parts. Most of the accessories came via USPS to my village in about a week-ish. My RPW4 arrived in late December 2020.  Since then I'd forgotten a few things and still, things have been here (Eastern Iowa) in 10 days at most.  I had to whine a little bit about getting a 2nd battery. It had a status of "processing" for 2 weeks, "if it is in stock, why is it in process 2 weeks later?"  I had it in 3 days.  It just takes a subtle poke.  I'm kind, nice, polite.  That's what get's you the best care.  You can't even show the slightest bit of angst in your voice.  It just doesn't help, the helper, to help you! I'm an Iowan, we are nice to everyone. I know folks notice.
I'm an RW4 owner. I'm not using any of these ancient forums. (ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM). Instead look for @joelhuebner, joel.huebner, joel.huebner@gmail.com, joel52334.
That's where you will find me.
This forum uses UTC time. GMT-0.  I'm at GMT-5 CDT.

vudude

My experence on their website is abysmal, I can't even log into my own account! I told them "you need to fix this" they did nothing! Call them!