News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Front mount child seat

Started by Calcafuoco, November 04, 2023, 02:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Calcafuoco

Does anyone know of a front mounted child seat that will work on the radrover 6 plus?

John Rose

Quote from: Calcafuoco on November 04, 2023, 02:33:03 PM
Does anyone know of a front mounted child seat that will work on the radrover 6 plus?
I dunno - a front seat would have to be cantilevered off the four mounting holes on the head tube. Rear racks and such have bars that sit above the frame or are part of the frame itself, so they can take more weight.

The description for the Rad Front Rack says "Carrying Capacity: 30 lb (13.6 kg), load should be evenly distributed", and I bet that limit is mostly determined by the ability of the threads in the aluminum head tube mounting holes to not strip out. Whatever kind of child seat you get won't make them any stronger.

I was thinking maybe you could find something that hangs off the handlebars and is supported by posts that go down to the forks, but the RadRover 6 Plus has suspension forks, so the dimensions keep changing. No joy there.

Something like a Dutch bakfiets now, no problem!
RadMini ST 2 / RadExpand 5