News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Rad Rover 6 Plus - pop, smoke, wont turn on

Started by crnhusker, October 21, 2023, 02:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

crnhusker

I have contacted support but also interested in your thoughts. My rad rover 6 plus (purchased in August 2023) had an issue w the headlight not turning on but nonetheless it was rideable. As I am working w support through email there's some delay's back and forth but still able to ride casually on warm days, never in the rain. Today when riding within a block of our house the bike made a loud pop/grinding sound as if a small rock was in the break. I immediately stopped, got off the bike, and looking it over saw smoke coming from the pedal area...wondering now if perhaps there's a fuse in that area that popped? I've not taken things off the bike other than the batter once I got it home. It's a nice day out - mid 70's, no humidity, no rain, bike has never been in the rain and ist stored in the garage. Any thoughts on what I might look at while I wait for support to get back to me?

handlebar

Quote from: crnhusker on October 21, 2023, 02:26:03 PM
I have contacted support but also interested in your thoughts. My rad rover 6 plus (purchased in August 2023) had an issue w the headlight not turning on but nonetheless it was rideable. As I am working w support through email there's some delay's back and forth but still able to ride casually on warm days, never in the rain. Today when riding within a block of our house the bike made a loud pop/grinding sound as if a small rock was in the break. I immediately stopped, got off the bike, and looking it over saw smoke coming from the pedal area...wondering now if perhaps there's a fuse in that area that popped? I've not taken things off the bike other than the batter once I got it home. It's a nice day out - mid 70's, no humidity, no rain, bike has never been in the rain and ist stored in the garage. Any thoughts on what I might look at while I wait for support to get back to me?

The controller is in the pedal area. The Radpower site has photos showing how to get a look at the controller and the connected cables.

crnhusker

I looked on the website and the location of the controller on the step through is exactly where the smell and smoke were coming from! Hopefully this will be covered under warranty.