News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Rover 6+ saddle upgrade > Corbin Commuter

Started by g33kyfr34ky, October 17, 2023, 08:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

g33kyfr34ky

I know it's a big topic on here, everyone's always looking for a saddle upgrade for their Rad Bikes. I've tried a lot of different saddles on my Rover comfort or otherwise, but everything I've tried has been terrible. Then I came across Corbin Ebike Saddles.

For the record, I'm not affiliated with Corbin in any way, I just think they make awesome, super comfortable, highly customizable saddles for ebikes. They are however not cheap, the total cost for my saddle (Commuter version) was $238.00 USD. That being said, for myself that cost was totally worth it as the comfort is unmatched compared to anything else I've tried. It's basically a motorcycle seat made for an ebike, kind of reminds me of sitting on my dad's old Electra Glide. I've been riding this for 2 months and it's been wonderful compared to anything else I've tried which is
a lot of different saddles and nothing comes remotely close to this. Anyhow just thought I'd share, if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Here is a YouTube video, not mine and not affiliation, describing the different models and giving some riding impressions> https://youtu.be/NGy_kd_zup8?si=yhvQkvuc8slzW0yW

JimInPT

I'm a firm believer that seats are like shoes; the one that fits you best, that you can afford, is the best one for you.  In my case, I settled on the second Cloud-9 model I tried, after four others before those.

However, I think Corbin makes magnificent products, based only on my purchase of one in '93 for my Honda ST-1100 motorcycle.  Incredibly comfortable for me, great materials and workmanship, fold-away passenger backrest.  Thirty years on, it's still in better condition than the bike.

Yours looks great; glad to hear they make good bike seats as well.  I just might try one in lieu of my Cloud-9 next season if they allow returns.  I'll check it out; the gal in the video also rides a MiniST like mine, so that might help.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Tree

thanks for posting this.  i'm definitely intrigued.....

mrgold35

I ended up going with the Sunlite Cloud-9 Cruiser Saddle, 12.5" X 11.5" X 8, Amazon, $37.  The wife and I are mid-50s, wear padded riding shorts, and adjust our ebikes for a more upright riding position. We like wider seats that spreads out the contact points across the butt cheeks for long range comfort. I purchased my first Cloud-9 back in 2016 for my two Radrovers.  No issues with the size with causal riding or single track riding with my rover (also have a Kinekt Bodyfloat suspension seatpost). Upgraded the standard seat to the Cloud-9 on my two Radcity step-thru and Himiway Cobra Pro.

handlebar

Quote from: mrgold35 on October 26, 2023, 05:16:46 AM
I ended up going with the Sunlite Cloud-9 Cruiser Saddle, 12.5" X 11.5" X 8, Amazon, $37. 

I bought a similar saddle for my Radrunner, 12-1/2 inches wide and on springs. It's bowl-shaped. Almost two years later, I bought a narrow one, as pictured, for my Radmission. I find it just as comfortable.

When you sit, your glutes move out of the way and your sit bones (ischial tuberosity) take the pressure. That's where you need padding. You can find out where yours are by putting cardboard on a toilet seat lid, sitting on it, rocking forward, back, left, and right, then getting up and feeling for the dimples. Mine are 102mm apart, center to center. The saddle is 140mm wide. It's like the original saddle, but the padding is better.

I used to wonder why I never saw turkeys pedaling bicycles. I think it's because birds don't have sit bones.