News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Radrunner rear spokes

Started by Steven_smith36, October 10, 2023, 12:18:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Steven_smith36

Apologies if this has been posted before. My radrunner has broken a spoke or 3 which I have replaced with genuine items. I believe they're 12g 128mm long. I have found a few UK sites selling spokes LOTS cheaper. But there's a few different types/makes eg Sapim.  Has anyone got any experience or suggestions please.

handlebar

In 2022, I had two Radrunner spokes broken. The Radpower site didn't list those parts, and Support didn't answer. For $25, I ordered a set of 130mm WLKY spokes from China.

I hadn't read enough detail about spoke length to measure correctly. I had to bend the new spokes to get them in place, and if I had to tighten a nipple another turn, I might run out of thread. I should have ordered 125mm.

Some of the OEM spokes had heads that were slightly small. That had led to stretching and breaking. I prefer the WLKY spokes.

Weeks after my inquiry, Radpower Support told me they now carried spokes. I don't think the description said how long they were.

Steven_smith36

Thanks for your reply. Rad spokes are allegedly 128mm. When I fitted a couple of them I too had to slightly bend them.

handlebar

Spokes seem to be measured from the threaded end to the bottom side of the bent wire at the other end. That corresponds to the distance from the hole in the rim to the near edge of the appropriate hole in the hub. A six-inch steel rule marked in mm would be great to measure that distance on the rear wheel of a Radrunner. I measured 125mm. Not having the spoke too long would have made installation easier.