News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

RadWagon UE : motor down ?

Started by v4ssily, October 07, 2023, 07:44:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

v4ssily

Hi,

I'm new here and I'm struggeling to get answers from RAD support so I might have more luck with you guys.

I'm from France and I've a probleme with my radwagon 4 motor that stopped working a few weeks ago.
First I had to shut power down and put it back to make the motor work again.
Then it's stop working definitly.
I read here that it could be because of the brake sensor but no luck with this lead.
Then a few days later a got ERROR 30 Maintain on the screen.

I reached RAD at the time who sent me a new electric cable harness and a new controller for 200?,
The ERROR 30 disappeared, but the motor is still out of order.

When I pay attention, I can here some noise coming from the motor when turning the throttle, but the wheel wont turn or at best just moves a little.
So my guess is that I need to replace the motor.

I've watched this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyhH1uon3NE
and it's seems pretty easy to DIY. Except for one thing : Where can I buy a new motor ???

I found some parts here : https://electrobikeworld.com/t/rad-power-upgrades
but I read that this European version of the bike has a 250W motor and a associated controller. So I guess I can not put a 750W motor inside this 250W hub and more over I guess that my controller will not be able to make this 750W motor to turn correctly.

Does anyone have any solution/idea to help me make my rad wagon 4 work again  :'(

This bike has become vital for our family and we are desperatly looking foward to ride it again.

Thanks a lot for any help you can provide

Tony

You can replace your old 250 watt euro motor with the 750 motor as in the video. You will need a freewheel removal tool. I have done this swap, it?s a very straight forward job but you will need that removal tool. You can get a new motor from Gareth at Big Game Bikes in the U.K.   I?m not sure if your original controller will work the 750 motor as I changed mine to the 35 amp upgrade controller.  But Gareth will know if you ask him. 

v4ssily

Thanks Tony, I'll try to reach Biggamebike to have their opinion.

handlebar

Quote from: v4ssily on October 07, 2023, 07:44:02 AM

When I pay attention, I can here some noise coming from the motor when turning the throttle, but the wheel wont turn or at best just moves a little.
So my guess is that I need to replace the motor.

If the motor turns and the wheel doesn't, that sounds like the clutch, a freewheel assembly in the motor that lets you pedal or coast without turning the motor. The assembly includes the gears and costs about $25 at Amazon. There's probably a youtube video for your particular motor.