News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

HELP! Chain Link confusion on Rad Rover 6+

Started by needabreak, October 01, 2023, 01:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

needabreak

I am replacing chains on two 2021 Rad Rover 6+. Support said use 120 link chains. HOWEVER when I took old ones off there were 124 links with no master link or quick connect??? SO IS this an update from Rad to use 4 fewer links for some reason like shifting, derailleur tension, incorrect info, or is it common knowledge that all chains have 4 or more extra links above the stated amount that you are expected to remove to adjust?

The replacement chains that I ordered (that stated were 120 links on website) ended up having way too many links lol. Will have to remove 8 links to be at original old chain link count. This new KMC chain that came in box saying Himiway 7 speed Z8.3 EPT does provide a reusable quick link. YEAH!

Thanks for any input to MR CONFUSED  :)

handlebar

It's too bad their website doesn't state the number of links. For that matter, it's too bad it gives specs only on latest models.

When I count links, I measure the inches to check my count. Each inch is two links.

If it really were longer than Rad said, I'd put it back on the bike, around the biggest rear sprocket, and see if it would pull together with 120 links.