News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

When does the warranty start

Started by Naranja_CT5+, September 11, 2023, 05:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Naranja_CT5+

I have been reading a lot of old post. It seemed some had to wait a long time. And to be fair, some of the delay issues were probably due to covid.

I bought my City5+ last Aug and the estimated ship date is the last week of Sept.

I live in a place that winter comes early. i?m afraid i?ll use up one third of my warranty in storage. And I won?t be able to do a decent break-in period until next Spring.
In Canada it's called ehBike

JimInPT

Typically, warranty starts when you receive the bike (some places might have different terms, so be sure to know what yours are), but since you'll have a one-year warranty you'll have one full riding season to break it in and check it out, even if you have to wait until springtime.  I'm in the same boat; mine's off the road about 4-5 months each year, but c'est la vie.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

mrgold35

You might need to call Rad to find out the exact warranty period and any adjustments?  I purchased a RadCity Step-Thru at the end of June of 2023 with a extended warranty.  The ebike didn't arrive until July.  From what I can tell, the 1 year warranty and Rad extended warranty started when the order was made in June; not, the FedEx July arrival time.

Naranja_CT5+

Quote from: mrgold35 on September 13, 2023, 04:38:25 AM
You might need to call Rad to find out the exact warranty period and any adjustments?  I purchased a RadCity Step-Thru at the end of June of 2023 with a extended warranty.  The ebike didn't arrive until July.  From what I can tell, the 1 year warranty and Rad extended warranty started when the order was made in June; not, the FedEx July arrival time.
Exactly my thoughts.

I must?ve missed the fine print because I did not see the option of buying an extended warranty on the shopping cart. Therefore I don?t know how much more it would add to an already expensive purchase. (Having read some of the complaints from members maybe I should have ).

On a positive note to get more mileage. It will force me to go out riding even if it?s not a good weather. Ever since I took a bad spill when I rode over wet leaves in autumn a few years back. I became a fair weather rider.
In Canada it's called ehBike

Radding Along

Warranty starts on your purchase date. Rad is pretty open to honoring a warranty if it?s just a few days after it expired.

You have a one year warranty no matter when you buy the bike. If you buy it next spring, you will still lose riding time next winter. It?s kind of irrelevant when you purchase the bike. Now if they only offered a six month warranty, then by all means buy the bike in the spring. But that is not the case.

John Rose

On https://support.radpowerbikes.com/Learn_before_you_buy/Warranty/Limited_warranty_overview there is this:

QuoteLimited warranty overview
Last updatedAug 2, 2023
In the U.S. and Canada, Rad Power Bikes provides a limited one-year warranty that starts when you receive your ebike and covers manufacturing defects in material and workmanship. The latest version of your warranty can be found here:

USA: radpowerbikes.com/pages/warranty
Canada: radpowerbikes.ca/pages/warranty

This article provides an overview and some examples of what our limited warranty covers. Please don't mistake this article for the limited warranty itself?the document that is legally binding is your official warranty, available at the links above.
[and it goes on...]
RadMini ST 2 / RadExpand 5