News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Throttle control RR6+.

Started by PVS, September 03, 2023, 01:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

PVS

Hello,
I recently added the popular handle bar extension to my RR6+. I was very careful to not put any stress on the handlebar wires and cables. But shortly after the installation, my RR throttle is now acting like the wire(s) inside the throttle itself don't have secured connections.

Specifically, about 50% of the time, everything works fine. The other 50%-ish the throttle does not work. The big clue is that if I gently push the wire towards the rear of the bike (near where the wire enters the throttle), then the throttle kicks in and works fine.

Is it possible to dis-assemble tth throttle and inspect the wires and their connections? Or is it a one-piece unit?

Thank you for any advise or tips.
Paul

inoxa

I don't know what it looks like inside the throttle but it is spring loaded.  Maybe you don't have enough of the cable to to fully give you the power.????

I had to adjust my throttle and brake levers to align them for my comfort.  BUT I have not added the riser.  Have you tried to reposition these 2? 

Naranja_CT5+

Quote from: PVS on September 03, 2023, 01:33:59 PM
The big clue is that if I gently push the wire towards the rear of the bike (near where the wire enters the throttle), then the throttle kicks in and works fine.

You could be shorting something. Have you tried cutting some of the zip ties to get more slack?
In Canada it's called ehBike

PVS

Hello Naranja,
Well I'm happy to report that your suggestion of removing my zip ties worked!
Not exactly sure why how a basic zip tie could short something, but since removing them, things are working as expected.

I'll either repositioning zip ties, secure with black electrical tape, or try velcro strips.

Thank you!