News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Assembling two RadRunner bikes. Yikes!

Started by Sommermann, September 01, 2023, 03:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Sommermann

Today I finished assembling our two new RadRunner V2 bikes. At home. By myself. Trying to save some money. That included installing fenders. A bit of a chore. I'm plumb worn out. ;D The second one I did this morning was a bit easier.

The only real problem I have had is installing the water bottle holders. The bolts are in the frame fast as if they are glued in place. Or maybe they were inserted in the frame before the paint had a chance to really cure. :( I loosened one of the bolts but when I tried another it will not loosen. I ended up stripping the head. The Allen wrenches that came with the bike are not the best I think.

The bikes are in working order. So I didn't do half bad. :)

JimInPT

Here's what I did; this installs on the front stem bolt pattern for the front rack/basket.  A little pricey but very well made, can hold two bottles and keeps them out of the way of your legs.  The bottle holder(s) are not included - it's just an adapter bracket.

https://amzn.to/3sZHyPE
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Sommermann

Thanks JimInPT.

That looks like a nice option if I can't get the bolt with the stripped hex head dislodged. Thanks for the reply.

Altema

You may need a competent bike shop to drill out the bolt. Sometimes the factory assemblers overdo the torque, and it's too tight for the tools you get with the bike. My rear axle nuts were so tight that the wrench almost broke!

Naranja_CT5+

I haven?t got my eBike yet.
I hope you have not stripped the screw/bolt/hex yet.
Whenever I have a stubborn screw I will use a dab of oil, then use a vise grip on the head of the screw/bolt and try to loosen slowly.

Another way is using the vise grip on the stem of screwdriver then While pushing the screwdriver I will slowly turn the vise grip.

If it?s Allen hex key. I would do the same.
In Canada it's called eh_Bike

Sommermann

I got this resolved by taking the bike to the Rad shop and had them loosen up the stubborn bolts and dialog the stripped ones. While they were at it they checked and fixed a couple of other things.

Naranja_CT5+

Quote from: Sommermann on September 27, 2023, 08:31:32 AM
I got this resolved by taking the bike to the Rad shop and had them loosen up the stubborn bolts and dialog the stripped ones. While they were at it they checked and fixed a couple of other things.
HAPPY eCYCLING
In Canada it's called eh_Bike