News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

inverted pedal assist

Started by ygreck, August 27, 2023, 06:08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

ygreck

Hello. I have a problem with my rad runner plus ebike. The assistance only works if I backpedal (which is not particularly practical....). When I pedal forward, it doesn't activate.

However, it still works correctly with the trottle handle and the walking assistance (when you hold the downward switch).

I tried installing a new controller and screen, but they didn't work, and the problem appeared when I reconnected the originals.

I didn't touch the pedal sensor, except to connect and disconnect it from the controllers. So the problem seems to be in the software. Does anyone know how to reset the default settings on my original Rad controller, or does anyone have another idea for solving my problem?

Please excuse my English. Thank you for your help.

handlebar

Did it work OK when new? Did the problem appear after mechanical work?

The PAS sensor is supposed to work forward but not backward. Yours may be on backwards.
https://radpowerbikes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038826313-Integrated-pedal-assist-PAS-sensor-replacement-guide

I don't know if reversing the wiring could also cause the problem. Has anyone spliced the cable?

Veggyhed

Was there something wrong with the old controller?
How much of a difference was there between the old controller and the new controller?
This is a little out there but did the new controller win powered reverse polarity of the pedal sensor?

Sent from my TB310FU using Tapatalk

ygreck

Hello.

Thank you for your reply

before I tried to replace it, the original controller worked perfectly. The problem occurred when I put it back after trying the replacement.

I never disassembled the PAS sensor itself or touched the wiring. I simply plugged and unplugged the PAS sensor from each controller.

But what I did was connect the original controller with the display of the replacement controller. I'm afraid this may have disrupted the programming of my original controller, causing it to react in the wrong way to information from the PAS sensor.

Most likely, the problem is neither electronic nor mechanical. It seems to be the controller configuration that's at fault.

Is there any way to restore my original controller to its original configuration?

Thank you for your attention.

inoxa

Good question.  Have you reached out where you purchased the controller from?  Maybe they have a suggestion.  I replaced my controller and screen 4 years ago but never went back.  So I have been good.  Hopefully you find a solution.