News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Nervous about purchase...

Started by Zuzugrey, August 24, 2023, 05:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Zuzugrey

Hiya,

I'm based in the UK and have a Rad bike and accessories in my basket, ready to checkout.

However I'm nervous on a few levels

- Nobody has answered my enquiry about when the passenger bars are going to be back in stock (essential to my purchase)
-nobody is answering the phone - the phone lines are actually saying they're closed
- is it stupid to buy a bike from a company who are moving out of Europe?
-If I place this order, will it actually be processed? Will I actually get a bike or has the company gone into administration or something?!

Help!

handlebar

I bought a rad bike nearly 4 years ago because I didn't know anything about ebikes and I figured I couldn't go far wrong with such a successful company. I was wrong. I snapped up a bargain on a second rad bike last year. I wasn't so far wrong, but I'm sure I could have done better with another brand. In one video, Ryan, who runs this forum, pointed out advantages an Aventon model had over a competing Rad model.

I no longer trust Electric Bike Reviews, but I'm sure there are honest editors. I'd love a midmotor belt drive, and I found this article informative, over a wide price range.

https://bikexchange.com/best-belt-drive-electric-bikes/

Tony

I bought a bike from Rad nearly four years ago. I live in the U.K.  I wouldn?t buy one from them now though.

Franco

Quote from: Zuzugrey on August 24, 2023, 05:33:32 AM
Hiya,

I'm based in the UK and have a Rad bike and accessories in my basket, ready to checkout.

However I'm nervous on a few levels

- Nobody has answered my enquiry about when the passenger bars are going to be back in stock (essential to my purchase)
-nobody is answering the phone - the phone lines are actually saying they're closed
- is it stupid to buy a bike from a company who are moving out of Europe?
-If I place this order, will it actually be processed? Will I actually get a bike or has the company gone into administration or something?!

Help!

I?ve had a RAD for 4 years, and I love it. I live in the US, and recently placed a parts order, and got it in about a week. ( I ordered some stuff in part because I didn?t want to get caught if they went belly up. )

That said,  in your position, I?d likely look elsewhere, particularly if you want a bike right away.