News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Radcity 5 Plus replacing disc brake pads

Started by kenchang, August 18, 2023, 02:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

kenchang

Is it possible to replace the brake pads on radcity 5 plus without taking the wheel off and without taking the caliper off?  It looks like if I remove the cotter pin, I can justt pull them out from the top.  I am wondering if the removal of the wheel and caliper is necessary to put new ones back in. 

Thanks in advance!

ChrisB

I replaced the pads on my Radcity 5 in the spring. The shape of the pads precludes sliding them out. Removing the the caliper is the easiest way to do the job. If you are worried about realigning the caliper to the disk, I have found putting a piece of white paper on the ground helps make the alignment easier by making the gap more visible.

I hope this helps 

inoxa

Quote from: kenchang on August 18, 2023, 02:33:28 PM
Is it possible to replace the brake pads on radcity 5 plus without taking the wheel off and without taking the caliper off?  It looks like if I remove the cotter pin, I can just pull them out from the top.  I am wondering if the removal of the wheel and caliper is necessary to put new ones back in. 

Thanks in advance!

Yes absolutely.  I have done it a few times on my Rover.  But it is easier taking the caliper off.  Tires can stay on for sure.  T handle allen wrenches are what I use.  Sometimes they are too long depending on clearances.