News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Anyone have this issue?

Started by aad7122, August 09, 2023, 11:36:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

aad7122

Took the wheel apart and to my surprise everything looked good. Teeth on planetary gears were perfect, no cracks, no wear on any of the teeth, plenty lubed. Turned freely, no resistance. So I have no idea what's going on. Only makes the noise at full throttle or when it's on PA5. Doesn't slip or have any loss of power just makes that awful noise. Also only makes the noise when on the bike under weight.

JimInPT

Quote from: aad7122 on August 09, 2023, 11:36:19 AMOnly makes the noise at full throttle or when it's on PA5. Doesn't slip or have any loss of power just makes that awful noise. Also only makes the noise when on the bike under weight.

So it doesn't make the noise if you lift the rear wheel off the ground when hitting the throttle?  I was going to guess maybe check spokes for proper tightness, but if you can tear the wheel and motor down, you probably knew to consider that already, and that sound might take a LOT of loose spokes.

Best of luck tracking it down quickly!
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

aad7122

No it only makes that noise under load.