News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Area 13 Rad Rover 6+ controller upgrade available now.

Started by Traildad, August 05, 2023, 10:38:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Traildad

I just watched the video on installing the upgraded controller for the Rover 6+. It is in stock. Has anyone ordered one yet?

sefrochen

Mine just shipped but please be advised that only V2 works with RR6+. Original upgrade kit no longer works with RR6+. I also ordered the Bafang 1000 and was able to confirm that it works with this controller (V2) which now plug-n-play for RR6+.

gomeswter

Quote from: sefrochen on August 11, 2023, 10:31:58 AM
Mine just shipped but please be advised that only V2 works with RR6+. Original upgrade kit no longer works with RR6+. I also ordered the Bafang 1000 and was able to confirm that it works with this controller (V2) which now plug-n-play for RR6+.

Just got my RR6+ high  step put together and ordered the upgrade kit.  Question:  You say you ordered the 1000 watt hub motor as well.  What is that going to gain when the upgrade kit is already getting (from what I have seen) close to 1400 watts out of the 750w motor?  Will the 1000w motor with the upgrade kit get you ever more wattage and power out of it?
May have been a stupid question but we'll let it fly anyway ;)