News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

How can you raise the handle bars on a RR6+

Started by philipshaw, August 01, 2023, 09:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

philipshaw

I have 2 RR6+ bikes and would like to raise the handlebars a little. Has anyone done this successfully? What parts are required and can you purchase them?

handlebar

I'd love to purchase parts for you, but then, in the interest of fairness, I'd have to purchase parts for everyone.  ;)

Your bikes seem to have 1-1/8" headsets, like my Radrunner and my Radmission.

I used this for the Radmission.
https://amzn.to/3OAZXsQ

By moving spacers, you can raise the bars to 10 cm in increments of 1 cm.

I used something similar for the Radrunner. What else you need depends on how far you raise the bars. I needed a longer rear brake cable for my Radrunner. I needed a rear brake cable and an extension for the rear brake sensor wire for the Radmission.

philipshaw

Handlebar -- You got me ! LOL  "WHERE can I purchase"  Thanks you've been a great help.

handlebar

That riser brings the stem up 2 inches at minimum. I think that's true of most risers.

With both bikes, I found it helpful to lash the front wheel tightly to the down tube before removing the stem.

On my Radmission, I put an adjustable stem on the riser to raise the handlebars even more, about 6 inches higher than the seat, like my Radrunner. That was typical of European bicycles when they were designed as transportation and not sporting goods. I can lean against the bars for stability without putting much weight on my hands, and I don't worry about going over the bars if I brake hard.

philipshaw

Handlebar- Did you have any issues with cables or wiring being too short? There is some slack in the RR6+ but not much.

handlebar

I replaced the rear brake cable on my Radrunner, but now that I think about it, I replaced it because the original was defective. It may have been long enough.

I didn't have to replace anything to raise my Radmission bars the initial 2 inches.

I guess the head piece is the pipe welded to the forks. Once the riser was clamped to the head piece, it held the forks on without play in the bearings. To experiment with raising the bars farther, I'd loosen the screws clamping the stem to the riser, raise it, tighten the screws, and turn the bars back and forth to see if anything was too tight. I found that to get the bars where I wanted them with a riser and an adjustable stem, I needed to replace the rear brake cable and the rear brake sensor wire.

Traildad

I raised my rover 6+ but I was not able to raise it enough because the cables and hydraulic lines are not long enough. I am planning on replacing the brake lines and extending the cables as needed so I can raise it enough to be comfortable.

dmelenberg

Quote from: Traildad on August 05, 2023, 10:33:53 AM
I raised my rover 6+ but I was not able to raise it enough because the cables and hydraulic lines are not long enough. I am planning on replacing the brake lines and extending the cables as needed so I can raise it enough to be comfortable.

HiTrialsad,
How high were you able to raise the handlebars?
Or did you not proceed?

Thanks
Dale

Traildad

Quote from: dmelenberg on September 02, 2023, 01:23:39 PM
Quote from: Traildad on August 05, 2023, 10:33:53 AM

HiTrialsad,
How high were you able to raise the handlebars?
Or did you not proceed?

Thanks
Dale
I raised them but I didn?t measure it. Maybe a couple inches.