Author Topic: Mirror for Rad Power Bikes (Mirrycle review)  (Read 20535 times)

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Mirror for Rad Power Bikes (Mirrycle review)
« on: April 25, 2019, 05:33:59 PM »
After getting our Rad Wagon last year we made only a few modifications such as adding battery powered colored lights, modifying the running boards for a bike trailer and using bungee cords to affix a rear basket. There are generally a few popular modifications I see people make initially, usually adding a more comfortable seat (like the cloud 9 seats) and if they're really serious about comfort a suspension seatpost (like this one from Suntour).

I'd argue one of the most important modifications to make to your ebike initially have to do with safety. Beyond gear to be seen (we wear safety vests), more lights are always a good add-on but mirrors are also important. Many mirrors will fit your Rad, but the Mirrycle Bicycle Mirror is one of the most popular.

It can be purchased for around $10 and is extremely easy to install as I recently found out. A few pieces to screw together, pop off the end cap on your bike, put the mirror into the handlebar and finally tighten. It comes with all of the tools you need in the box. There are probably some other options which look a bit sleeker but we're really happy with the Mirrycle. See below for the pictures of it installed.

Mirrycle Bicycle Mirror on Amazon

Other accessories including more mirror options on my Rad Power Bikes accessories page: https://www.radowners.com/index.php/topic,104.0.html

Please note you need to register for a forum account to see the images.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 08:03:10 AM by Ryan »

RadBiker

• View Profile
Re: Mirror for Rad Power Bikes (Mirrycle review)
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 07:20:43 AM »
I love love love having a mirror on my bike. In the area that I bike, I unfortunately have to ride on the sidewalk on a busy street. The mirror is very helpful when I am crossing an entryway to a business. It is crazy how many people either do not wait for bikes or do not look for bikes. Currently I only have one mirror on the left handlebar. Does anyone have a mirror on both sides? At times, I wish I did, but not sure how helpful it would be.

Whoopsumbass

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 07:48:18 PM »
Just ordered the Mirrycle mirror from Amazon hope it fits fat tire 2019 rover.

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 08:36:17 AM »
Just ordered the Mirrycle mirror from Amazon hope it fits fat tire 2019 rover.

You won't be disappointed. It is by far the most popular mirror of Rad Power Bikes owners.  8)

smt659

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 07:43:07 AM »
 I put this on my 2019 rad rover and love it, folds out of the way for door frame and such.

https://amzn.to/39H1ffd
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 08:00:03 AM by Ryan »

David Bright

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2019, 06:16:03 PM »
WRT mirrors. My go to for all my bikes is the Take a Look mirror https://amzn.to/2XcOFBY that fits on your glasses  frame, ( you can fit it on almost all glass frames except for the wire rim type.
Approx  $12
It's easily adjustable, stays put ( again on you sunglass or eyeglass frame , not that well on your helmet, and give great, convenient  rear view vision.

Bike Peddler Take A Look Cycling Eyeglass Mirror
by Bike Peddler
4.1 out of 5 stars    2,045 ratings | 58 answered questions
Amazon's Choice for "cycling helmet mirror"
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 08:01:41 AM by Ryan »

0xGene

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 03:56:32 PM »
Love mirrcycles, have put them on every bike I've owned.

I mounted mine a lil differently though - the handlebars are wide enough, and I'd rather have the mirror be forward a little more.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 03:56:32 PM »