News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

No throttle or PAS, brake light always on

Started by Puna Joe, July 28, 2023, 01:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Puna Joe

Hi, I have a Rad Rover 6 Plus step through. I was getting an error 30 and troubleshot it to a bad controller with rad power bikes, when they used to answer the phone.
I got another controller and now the error 30 is gone, but the brake light is always on and I have no throttle or PAS. I have reseated every cable, unplugged both brake lever electric cables. Unplugged both headlight and tail light connectors. I still have the same problem. My thought is that the bike thinks that the brakes are being applied thus stopping all motor function. Is there a way to disconnect the motor shut off for troubleshooting purposes?
I sure hope I don't have another bad controller. Cannot get a hold of Rad at all.
Thanks for any help.

handlebar

It looks like another bad controller. It's hard to imagine a short in the wiring between the connectors and the controller.

I've taken a dim view of Rad Power since I tested the bike I ordered in 2020. It produced 53 newton meters of torque, not the 80 they advertised. It put 500 watts on the wheel, not 750. I analyzed their video, which had sold me. That Radrunner motor was putting at least 2,000 watts on the wheel, 4 times more than the one they sent me.

Somehow I bought a second Radpower bike. I bought aftermarket controllers for both. It was money well spent.

Carcosa view

A bike shop near me had to get a 3rd controller for a customer. original was bad, 1st replacement was bad. a rep at rad told me they had a batch that
had a lot of defective units. bike shop said they are a pain to replace all tucked in the down tube.

inoxa

Area 13 just emailed to state they a limited number of RR6 controllers available for sale.