News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Brand New Rover 6 Plus Battery Won't Turn On

Started by T-Hawker, July 18, 2023, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

T-Hawker

Hello,

I just took delivery of my Rover 6 Plus this past Friday.  I opened it last night and began assembly.

I attempted to turn on the battery to check the charge and it did not light up at all.  Thinking it was in ship mode, I pressed and held the button on the battery for 5-10 seconds - well beyond the 3 seconds Rad suggests in their assembly video -  and still nothing.

My display connector was unplugged from the factory so, even though I believe the battery monitor on the battery should display it's LED bar level even if it's out of the bike, I plugged the display in but it also did not have any affect.

I assume the key is simply to physically lock the battery in the bike and does not have anything to do which electronics.

I have not tried putting the battery on the charger.  I'm hoping it's not completely dead since I know that will negatively affect it's long term performance.

thanks in advance for your reply.

Water Doc

I think I would charge it, and check all of the connections on the bike after doing that.  Email Rad, but it could take a while for a response.
Dennis
RadMini4 and RR+

Bigboom338

I agree,  give it a charge. Yes, you are correct about the key. It only unlocks the battery from the frame.

T-Hawker

I charged the battery and it took the charge.  After about 10 minutes on the charger, one LED charge level indicator on the battery lit up confirming that the battery was shipped to me completely dead.  As stated in Rad's owners manual, storing a battery fully depleted will affect range and longevity.  I am trying to reach them to get a replacement battery so I do not have issues down the road. 

oldtexasdog

My new City5 showed a error 21 then went to error 30 then nothing. Turns out there was a short in the wiring harness.