Author Topic: New from Ontario Canada  (Read 6526 times)

RadRandy

• View Profile
New from Ontario Canada
« on: April 17, 2021, 05:15:34 AM »
Wow I just want to say hello from Ontario Canada..Since I have bought these bikes I have ridden often, even the rain. Here are a couple of pics.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 05:32:58 AM by RadRandy »

RobtRoma

• View Profile
Re: New from Ontario Canada
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 11:38:43 AM »
 Nice photos and nice bikes!  How did the bikes handle the rain?

Joel52334

• Using my RPW4 for my cardiac rehab.
    • View Profile
    • Oh the things I know & do! --(under construction)
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 06:57:33 PM »
Randy, welcome to the party!  What is the length of "Tundra Season" up there?  I'm in East Central Iowa, it's plenty long, but it has been that way in my 61 sets of seasons!  LOL
I'm an RW4 owner. I'm not using any of these ancient forums. (ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM). Instead look for @joelhuebner, joel.huebner, joel.huebner@gmail.com, joel52334.
That's where you will find me.
This forum uses UTC time. GMT-0.  I'm at GMT-5 CDT.

ericwn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2021, 04:43:06 AM »
Nice to see someone from Ontario with their bikes. How satisfied are you with the Canadian specced bikes and their 500W output? Is it sufficient to get you up the hills and does it work for longer rides?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pavane

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2021, 04:57:04 PM »
I can tell from the first picture where you live in Ontario.  I am in Ridgeway.  Good riding.
RAD Rover Step-Thru owner.

Corbin Wolf

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2021, 06:05:04 PM »
Nice to see someone from Ontario with their bikes. How satisfied are you with the Canadian specced bikes and their 500W output? Is it sufficient to get you up the hills and does it work for longer rides?

Not OP, but have experience with RR1 and RR+. Presently in Sherbrooke,  Quebec,  Canada where its very hilly. The RR1 works just fine but you do need to stand and pedal on some of the steeper hills whereas the RR+ takes it in stride with the 7 speed gear shifter. That being said, you would be hard pressed to expect the throttle to get you up the latter type of hills on throttle alone. Though in fairness,  I weigh 220 pounds so that doesn't help.

Once my warranty is up on my new RadWagon I plan getting the Bolton upgrades next year. I don't need more speed, I just want to help the motor get up our hills more easily with or without pedaling and especially when loaded with kids/groceries.

ericwn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2021, 06:59:51 PM »

Not OP, but have experience with RR1 and RR+. Presently in Sherbrooke,  Quebec,  Canada where its very hilly. The RR1 works just fine but you do need to stand and pedal on some of the steeper hills whereas the RR+ takes it in stride with the 7 speed gear shifter. That being said, you would be hard pressed to expect the throttle to get you up the latter type of hills on throttle alone. Though in fairness,  I weigh 220 pounds so that doesn't help.

Once my warranty is up on my new RadWagon I plan getting the Bolton upgrades next year. I don't need more speed, I just want to help the motor get up our hills more easily with or without pedaling and especially when loaded with kids/groceries.
Thanks for the feedback! Ordered a white Radwagon 4 yesterday!

Corbin Wolf

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2021, 06:45:48 PM »
Received my RadWagon 4 a week ago and have put just under 200 km on it! I love it. It's a great bike and what has surprised me is how much easier it is to ride with PAS than my RR+ was! The narrower tires really let you pedal as though you were riding a regular bike. Rad did a great job with the center of gravity as well. Makes hauling kids or cargo easy. I usually keep the bike in PAS 0 or 1 and just use throttle for the steep hils whilst peddling. You will LOVE it!

ericwn

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2021, 04:22:17 AM »
Received my RadWagon 4 a week ago and have put just under 200 km on it! I love it. It's a great bike and what has surprised me is how much easier it is to ride with PAS than my RR+ was! The narrower tires really let you pedal as though you were riding a regular bike. Rad did a great job with the center of gravity as well. Makes hauling kids or cargo easy. I usually keep the bike in PAS 0 or 1 and just use throttle for the steep hils whilst peddling. You will LOVE it!
Sounds very good - mine is in transit for a week now, hope it does show up this week! Went ahead and got a cloud 9 seat plus a yepp seat as well as the front basket, caboose and runner boards.

ericwn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2021, 04:02:31 AM »
Sounds very good - mine is in transit for a week now, hope it does show up this week! Went ahead and got a cloud 9 seat plus a yepp seat as well as the front basket, caboose and runner boards.

Had it for a few days now and so far it’s been pleasant. As others mentioned before climbing hills needs some pedalling but overall I’m really enjoying the bike.

Scotty Kay

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2022, 11:17:44 AM »
RadRandy - is that the snowmobile trail you're on?

Hania

• View Profile
    • Bikes Catalog
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2023, 10:49:55 AM »
Wow I just want to say hello from Ontario Canada..Since I have bought these bikes I have ridden often, even the rain. Here are a couple of pics.
Hi there and welcome to the forum. Hopefully you are having good time.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2023, 10:49:55 AM »