News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

CST Big Boat 20x3 tires may be available through Rad (and not elsewhere)

Started by JimInPT, June 23, 2023, 10:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

JimInPT

Quote from: Radio Runner on July 03, 2023, 11:19:20 AM
My order of one Big Boat has docked. It came in a large box this time much to my surprise. Tire is dusty like it?s been sitting on the shelf for awhile but otherwise in perfect condition.

Mine just arrived, sans box, 5 days late, with "Shipment exception Barcode label unreadable and replaced" noted both Sunday and Monday.  Klassy-with-a-capital-K packaging, as your previous one was; didn't even bother snipping off the excess ziptie, but no apparent damage because it's tires not Hummel figurines.

Happy to have spare tires in inventory after having to search around to find them at all.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Radio Runner

Right on, I was starting to wonder. They must have two locations of inventory (or at least this time) giant box for 1 tire, No box for 2plus. Hope these are not it for 3? semi slicks. I would probably look for a complete new bike if I was forced  to ride knobbies on pavement due to lack of options. The dream would be some Schwallbe Marathons in this size but I ain?t holding my breath.

JimInPT

Quote from: Radio Runner on July 11, 2023, 10:27:22 PM
Right on, I was starting to wonder. They must have two locations of inventory (or at least this time) giant box for 1 tire, No box for 2plus. Hope these are not it for 3? semi slicks. I would probably look for a complete new bike if I was forced  to ride knobbies on pavement due to lack of options. The dream would be some Schwallbe Marathons in this size but I ain?t holding my breath.

Yeah, I don't think I could tolerate knobbies like the Kendas Rad used to put on the Mini; I'm far happier with the Big Boats than I expected to be.

Hey, speaking of shipping, literally as I am composing this, two minutes ago I signed for a 9-lb Fedex box at my front door.  Two days ago it was sitting 350 miles east of Shanghai in a rural China warehouse.  I'd say that's pretty good shipping.  Same company Fedex; two different shipment classifications.  Or maybe the ship across the Pacific just caught a very nice tailwind.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.