News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Rear rack alternative for RR 6+

Started by Deb.seal, June 14, 2023, 11:28:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Deb.seal

Now that RAD is charging $99 plus $15 shipping fee for rear racks, we?re in search of a rack that works without breaking the bank, and that doesn?t require a lot of adjustments to frame. Has anyone had any luck finding something that works?

Bigboom338

I bit the bullet and bought one at the new inflated price 2 weeks ago.  They sent me a review request, I politely told them what I thought of thier prices.

Hads

Unfortunately, no.  I tried the Ibera rack that's mentioned as working in a post on this this forum, but I can definitely confirm that it DOES NOT work even with the extra purchase of extended arms.  So I went with the Rad rear rack.  Luckily I got it before they jacked up the price to $99, although I still had to pay for shipping.  I did a LOT of research, and as of right now, there's not a rear rack that works with the RR6+ besides the one that Rad offers.  I'm guessing they raised the price of the rear rack when they put a sale on the the RR6+.  I get a LOT of compliments on my bike and people ask me where to get one, but I ALWAYS tell them to stay away from Rad since they seem to be going out of business soon.  My bike is still under warranty, but I doubt they'll be able to honor it if needed.  Good luck!

CruzRover

If you haven't used it before, you can get the rack for half off....  with discount code...  RADWELCOME50
I used it buy the rack when I bought my bike several months ago... so not sure if it has to be used on first order or not.

inoxa

I just tried to use the coupon WITHOUT luck for a rack and basket.  say not valid

bigdaadio

Quote from: Hads on June 15, 2023, 05:32:16 PM
  I did a LOT of research, and as of right now, there's not a rear rack that works with the RR6+ besides the one that Rad offers.  I'm guessing they raised the price of the rear rack when they put a sale on the the RR6+.  I get a LOT of compliments on my bike and people ask me where to get one, but I ALWAYS tell them to stay away from Rad since they seem to be going out of business soon.  My bike is still under warranty, but I doubt they'll be able to honor it if needed.  Good luck!

Where did you hear that rumor?
It's the haters that spread $hiπ like this that give these furums a bad name.
GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT before rifling from the hip!

chipgachot@gmail.com

This is a difficult topic - the 6+ weighs about the most of any ebike on the market - truly a beast. The weight is an issue - two bikes with minimum equipment will be around 160 lbs +/- (180 to be safe) I bought a KBO rack and it does fit the bike and will accommodate the weight, but the rack is barely functional and hard to load. The hooks have a decent flexibility due to their length and pivot. I clamp down behind the seat at the rear wheel. Be careful one my one hooks will not stay latched (in place) and requires a strap to hold it in place.....

PVS

Hello,

I was able to get the Ibera rack installed on my 2 RR6+ and posted the success.
(Search for Ibera w/i the Rad Modifications section).
I provided some instructions and photos.

There was some trial and error, and very minor fabrication.

If any RR6+ owners have questions or find my post confusing, feel free to reach out so that I can give back to the forum, and improve my post.
PVS.

Naranja_CT5+

Quote from: PVS on September 03, 2023, 02:06:20 PM
Hello,

I was able to get the Ibera rack installed on my 2 RR6+ and posted the success.
(Search for Ibera w/i the Rad Modifications section).
I provided some instructions and photos.

There was some trial and error, and very minor fabrication.

If any RR6+ owners have questions or find my post confusing, feel free to reach out so that I can give back to the forum, and improve my post.
PVS.

I think I like the IB-RA5 better than IB-RA4. How about this sear collar as an alternative mounting points?
In Canada it's called ehBike

PVS

Hello Naranja, apologies for the late reply.
I'm very sure I have the RA5 also (two of them).

While I'm not 100% sure about what you are asking...

I've included a picture of how I mounted the bottom of the rack. The tubing on the rack is hollow. I cut (and painted black) a two inch (estimated) piece of wooden dowel. Pre-drilled a bolt hole, and inserted it inside the tube. I'd suggest using a piece of dowel which fits snuggly. The sole purpose of the dowel is to give the tube's mounting structure (it allows you to tighten down the bolt without crushing the tubing. I believe I also had to drill a hole on the back side of the tube to allow the bolt to thread into the bike's frame's mount point.Hope this is helpful.

Naranja_CT5+

Quote from: PVS on September 18, 2023, 08:16:37 AM
Hello Naranja, apologies for the late reply.
I'm very sure I have the RA5 also (two of them).

While I'm not 100% sure about what you are asking...

It's all good. I had no question, I was merely commenting how nice the Iberia rack was. Someone mentioned they had problems with the extended arm therefore I wrote using a seat collar that clamp to the seat post instead of the frame. Sorry for the confusion.
In Canada it's called ehBike