News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Bafang G063 1000 watt motor

Started by Tony, June 14, 2023, 11:11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Tony

I have just swapped the wheel with the 750 motor back in and it still works with the 35 and controller . This would also rule out a throttle problem.  I also had the opportunity to hook up to an identical G063 1000 watt bought at the same time, this behaved exactly the same. Throttles up slowly then cuts out.   Looks like controller not communicating with motor. All 9 wires are the same colour but maybe don?t have the same function.   

MachWon

Here is the pinouts of a Bafang Controller, just seems really odd that that Bafang would change something from G062 to G063 that stop it from functioning correctly, from what I can tell from reading what's online, they changed the connector, the torque to 95nm(?) and the windings on mine indicate 5.5T I believe. I searched everywhere and can't find anyone with this motor and a controller combo.

MachWon

Here is link to a controller that Bafang sells that is compatible with this motor, maybe this has info that might tell us what's going on. I have a adapter coming so I can test this motor on my bike and I can see if I get the same results. Have a great 4th!
https://bafang-e.com/en/oem-area/components/component/controller/cr-s3071000fc

Tony

Thanks for the pin out info, that may become useful. Especially if a diagram showing what the original Rad push fit Z916 connector pin outs are.
I was also looking at the Bafang controller CR S307.1000.FC with the red plug connector to fit the G063 you linked to but wondered about connecting the other wires to the Rad wiring. It will probably require its own display as well. Bafang have been no help replying to me at all.
Maybe try to find a wiring diagram of the 35 amp controller to see if the coloured wire functions match the pin outs you show.

MachWon

You are right with the Bafang controller you would have to buy their display and probably would have to add connections to match the Rad or something. I still think that the Bolton controller could work. First the wires do not have to match the motor color to color, the phase wires can be moved around in 6 different combos, the 3 hall wires also can be moved around and do not have to match.
The only wires that should STAY color to color is the red, black and white, these wires should never change. Also if you find a combo that is working you WILL need to measure the amps under no load, should be around 1.5a or less. Here is a video that explains this better it's not that hard. There is more info out there on this and it has fixed a lot of motor to controller issues.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SttmrsIjiJc

MachWon

Here is 2 links worth reading on wiring. If I have the same problem as you, this will be the method I will use to determine if this motor and controller combination will be compatible.
https://endless-sphere.com/sphere/threads/color-code-wire-designation-of-rear-hub-1000w-luna-motor.80402/
https://endless-sphere.com/sphere/threads/how-to-determine-the-wiring-for-a-brushless-motor.3484/

JTK77

Here is official wiring diagram for z916 and L1019. These pinouts matches stock Rad and G062..Also 35A controller.
I have also sold number of custom controllers for G062 motor wired like this.
There is no purple in L1019. Grey is found only on controller side (thermistor). White is speed.

MachWon

Quote from: JTK77 on July 04, 2023, 09:21:48 PM
Here is official wiring diagram for z916 and L1019. These pinouts matches stock Rad and G062..Also 35A controller.
There is no purple in L1019. Grey is found only on controller side (thermistor). White is speed.
The G062 1000 is working with the 35a Bolton controller but we are using the new G063 1000 and it's not working with the same controller, spins up slowly and stops. So matching color to color doesn't work, something changed in the G063 just not sure what yet. The L1121 plug doesn't use pin 8 and 9 (Null), 5 is speed/thermister as per Bafang motor controller.

MachWon

JTK, What controller and display are you using? might be an option.

JTK77

Quote from: MachWon on July 05, 2023, 08:27:06 AM
Quote from: JTK77 on July 04, 2023, 09:21:48 PM
The G062 1000 is working with the 35a Bolton controller but we are using the new G063 1000 and it's not working with the same controller, spins up slowly and stops. So matching color to color doesn't work, something changed in the G063 just not sure what yet. The L1121 plug doesn't use pin 8 and 9 (Null), 5 is speed/thermister as per Bafang motor controller.

Yes but you should know what is what on controller side first in order to fix order on G063 motor side to match L1019. I would just open the motor and then match with L1019.

JTK77

Quote from: MachWon on July 05, 2023, 08:52:46 AM
JTK, What controller and display are you using? might be an option.

Custom KT variant ordered from factory + LCD8h. These are 48 to 60v battery Compatible.
I'm running modified G062.1000.DC 60v 114A peak.

MachWon

Yes but you should know what is what on controller side first in order to fix order on G063 motor side to match L1019. I would just open the motor and then match with L1019.
[/quote]

Our plug on the controller side is a Julet Z916 and on the motor side is the L1121 and yes I agree the best way would to open up the motor and match phase and hall connections but that would also void my warranty and no return if you need to but as a last resort I will crack it open. There is nothing wrong with the methods I posted above it's an easy way to find out if the controller is compatible.

JTK77

Quote from: MachWon on July 05, 2023, 02:31:32 PM

Our plug on the controller side is a Julet Z916 and on the motor side is the L1121 and yes I agree the best way would to open up the motor and match phase and hall connections but that would also void my warranty and no return if you need to but as a last resort I will crack it open. There is nothing wrong with the methods I posted above it's an easy way to find out if the controller is compatible.
[/quote]

Thats why I posted the PIN map for z916 to L1019 conversion.
Regreasing the gears requires the motor case to be opened anyway but you could do that after verifying everything works ok.

Tony

Tony

Note there is very little grease on the gears.