News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Ebike Accessories - I need your help

Started by Ryan, June 08, 2023, 07:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Ryan

Hi all, Ryan the forum owner here. For new forum members, I also run the Ebike Escape YouTube channel. We just launched our own store selling ebike accessories with the help of BiKASE, a brand which has stood for offering high quality, well designed products. I'm looking for feedback on the store, really anything. What can we do better? What new products would you like to see?

I'm personally a huge fan of the ABC bottle cages and I think the fire resistant/waterproof battery bags are unique. We use them all the time when we store the batteries in our vehicle when we travel - it just helps them not get banged up. Thanks in advance and if you make a purchase I'd also like to hear what you think of our products.

Here is the website: https://shop.ebikeescape.com/

santacruzpaul

Quote from: Ryan on June 08, 2023, 07:00:09 PM
Hi all, Ryan the forum owner here. For new forum members, I also run the Ebike Escape YouTube channel. We just launched our own store selling ebike accessories with the help of BiKASE, a brand which has stood for offering high quality, well designed products. I'm looking for feedback on the store, really anything. What can we do better? What new products would you like to see?

I'm personally a huge fan of the ABC bottle cages and I think the fire resistant/waterproof battery bags are unique. We use them all the time when we store the batteries in our vehicle when we travel - it just helps them not get banged up. Thanks in advance and if you make a purchase I'd also like to hear what you think of our products.

Thanks Ryan,
I Will check it out,
BUT! Could you Please reply to people having issues with in warranty ebikes from RAD? I have read about NO support at all from Rad, And is Rad having problems? 
Thanks, Paul

Ryan

Quote from: santacruzpaul on June 09, 2023, 06:21:27 PM

Thanks Ryan,
I Will check it out,
BUT! Could you Please reply to people having issues with in warranty ebikes from RAD? I have read about NO support at all from Rad, And is Rad having problems? 
Thanks, Paul

Thanks Paul - I have noticed some of these threads. Nothing going on that I'm aware of but thanks for bringing it to my attention.

santacruzpaul

Quote from: Ryan on June 10, 2023, 03:42:59 PM
Quote from: santacruzpaul on June 09, 2023, 06:21:27 PM

Thanks Ryan,
I Will check it out,
Thanks, Paul

Thanks Paul - I have noticed some of these threads. Nothing going on that I'm aware of but thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Got it Ryan! Thanks for your overseeing our problems and concerns.
Best Regards, Paul

Radical

Site looks clean and is easy to navigate. I personally like the "eBike Essential" packs that you have listed. For people who are new to eBikes or even biking in general, I think that pack is a good place to start and will cover many people's needs.

Although I am not in the market to buy anything now, you had some products that caught my eye.

Great site, and if I were to stumble upon it without knowing you, I would feel safe and secure buying something from there.

Hope this helps.

Ryan

Quote from: Radical on June 12, 2023, 07:49:37 AM
Site looks clean and is easy to navigate. I personally like the "eBike Essential" packs that you have listed. For people who are new to eBikes or even biking in general, I think that pack is a good place to start and will cover many people's needs.

Although I am not in the market to buy anything now, you had some products that caught my eye.

Great site, and if I were to stumble upon it without knowing you, I would feel safe and secure buying something from there.

Hope this helps.

Thanks - very helpful. Eventually we want to launch a full lineup of accessories - seats, suspension seatposts (shims?), some of the specific accessories from other ebike creators and more. Our ideas our endless but we are keeping it simple for now.

Tree

unless I'm missing it, the immediate glaring omissions are lights, helmets, and other safety features.

when i first got my bike, safety was a huge concern to me - i wanted to be lit up like a fireworks show. i no longer use all the lights, but in addition to what came on the bike, i have 3 lights on the tail, my helmet light, a headlamp for brightness in darker conditions, a headlamp that i essentially keep on flash as a daytime running light, and two lights on the tube and one weaved through the spokes on the front tire (i only use the tube and spoke lights at night).

Helmets too - i would hope that when people are shopping for bikes, they're also shopping for helmets.

i also wear padded gloves - fingerless most of the year (it's HOT in Texas), and with fingers for a few months in the winter. they don't need to be fancy or expensive. The MoreOK line on Amazon https://amzn.to/46hihPT has worked great for me for both styles of gloves.

Ryan

Quote from: Tree on June 24, 2023, 07:44:53 AM

unless I'm missing it, the immediate glaring omissions are lights, helmets, and other safety features.

when i first got my bike, safety was a huge concern to me - i wanted to be lit up like a fireworks show. i no longer use all the lights, but in addition to what came on the bike, i have 3 lights on the tail, my helmet light, a headlamp for brightness in darker conditions, a headlamp that i essentially keep on flash as a daytime running light, and two lights on the tube and one weaved through the spokes on the front tire (i only use the tube and spoke lights at night).

Helmets too - i would hope that when people are shopping for bikes, they're also shopping for helmets.

i also wear padded gloves - fingerless most of the year (it's HOT in Texas), and with fingers for a few months in the winter. they don't need to be fancy or expensive. The MoreOK line on Amazon https://amzn.to/46hihPT has worked great for me for both styles of gloves.

Thanks for the feedback. These are likely products we'd have to get wholesale as opposed to developing our own so these likely will be offered down the line. I'll see what we can do.

JimInPT

Quote from: Ryan on June 25, 2023, 08:42:10 AMThanks for the feedback. These are likely products we'd have to get wholesale as opposed to developing our own so these likely will be offered down the line. I'll see what we can do.

Hey Ryan, I just ordered a pair of CST Big Boat tires from Rad for my MiniST2, using your referral link at the top of the pages.  Does this benefit you for parts/accessories or just bike purchases?  Hope you get a bit of a kickback and by the way, Rad's website is the ONLY place I could find these tires, as I posted a day or two ago for anybody else who's looking.  Many other online stores, including CST's own, list them but "out of stock" everywhere except Rad.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Ryan

Quote from: JimInPT on June 25, 2023, 09:37:27 AM
Quote from: Ryan on June 25, 2023, 08:42:10 AMThanks for the feedback. These are likely products we'd have to get wholesale as opposed to developing our own so these likely will be offered down the line. I'll see what we can do.

Hey Ryan, I just ordered a pair of CST Big Boat tires from Rad for my MiniST2, using your referral link at the top of the pages.  Does this benefit you for parts/accessories or just bike purchases?  Hope you get a bit of a kickback and by the way, Rad's website is the ONLY place I could find these tires, as I posted a day or two ago for anybody else who's looking.  Many other online stores, including CST's own, list them but "out of stock" everywhere except Rad.

Yes, it does - thank you for the support!