News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Replacement Key

Started by xangelo, June 08, 2023, 05:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

xangelo

Hey everyone, so I lost my rad city 5 keys while I was moving to a new apartment and when I contacted support, they said they were out of stock and was unsure when they would be able to get any in stock. I've looked on ebay and other sites to buy a blank and they don't work for my bike. All the blanks work for the older bikes that don't have the semi integrated battery.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? Or maybe have the same key as me and send me a picture? Lol The number on my keyhole is #5087

RadPaco

Hi there...sorry to bother you...I'm considering buying a used  RadCity 5 Plus bike but the seller has lost the key and I worry I will not be able to remove it or replace it ever! did you get a new key to work with yours? Thanks

JimInPT

Quote from: RadPaco on July 27, 2023, 09:32:14 AM
Hi there...sorry to bother you...I'm considering buying a used  RadCity 5 Plus bike but the seller has lost the key and I worry I will not be able to remove it or replace it ever! did you get a new key to work with yours? Thanks

The bikes come with TWO keys - he claims to have lost both?  Search here https://bikeindex.org/ with the bike's serial number to perhaps verify the seller is legit.  If so, his order should be on file with Rad and they can sell a replacement key.  Meanwhile, you should be able to have a competent locksmith pick that lock to remove the battery (even I could do it; these are not sophisticated locks) if you wish, and perhaps even cut you a replacement key.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

RadPaco

hello again...ok...I will ask him for the serial number but I may not get it...hmm...The seller tells me he tried to get a key before but didnt work...hmm...I don't need the  trouble....and finding a competent locksmith is a good idea since I wouldnt want to leave the battery on the bike when I park it somewhere. That's my luck! I find a decent price ($1,500 Cdn) but I'm not so sure anymore.
thanks

JimInPT

Quote from: RadPaco on July 27, 2023, 11:35:33 AM
hello again...ok...I will ask him for the serial number but I may not get it...hmm...The seller tells me he tried to get a key before but didnt work...hmm...I don't need the  trouble....and finding a competent locksmith is a good idea since I wouldnt want to leave the battery on the bike when I park it somewhere. That's my luck! I find a decent price ($1,500 Cdn) but I'm not so sure anymore.
thanks

You should always have the option of removing the battery, so a key is a must.  It's probably a legit transaction, but if you have any qualms, that website above will let you search regionally and/or by bike model, so if he's near you or if you know where he's located, try a regional search for any City 5 Plus models.  Note it will show all bikes that match your search terms in the database as I recall, so if it pops up that doesn't mean it's hot unless marked as such.  I think you can filter on "stolen" and "not stolen" as well.

If/when you get a bike, registering it on that site before you forget about it is highly recommended and costs nothing.  You can enter accessories as well, along with any serial numbers (such as the one for the battery in addition to the bike).

By the way, if I was selling a bike, I wouldn't have a problem giving a seriously-interested potential buyer the serial number, for exactly this reason.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.