News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Space-saving foldaway bag for the Rad Small Basket

Started by JimInPT, April 04, 2024, 12:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

JimInPT

I've got a 2021 Mini ST2 with the small Rad basket on the back.  Love it, sturdy basket, but I've been carrying a battery-powered tire inflater, bungee cords, rain bags for seat/display etc in a waterproof bag and it was taking up almost half the volume of the basket, leaving little for grocery bags etc.

Finally got smart and a bit creative, so I ordered this handlebar bag ( https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BRXFWCDB ) which straps to the top side rail of the basket and holds it securely in place.  If I need the basket space, now I can just flip it over without disturbing the straps at all, so it hangs outside temporarily like a pannier.  Simple and effective.  This is the "cuboid" version, I think the "cylinder" version is a bit too large (even though rated for a bit LESS volume) but I didn't try it out.  It seems well-made with strong straps and good stitching and appears very water-resistant.

This suits my needs perfectly; see pics below.  Might help you, too.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

John Rose

Just because a thing is called something, there's no need to be stuck with using it only for that, right?
RadMini ST 2 / RadExpand 5

Naranja_CT5+

It seemed you might have a problem accessing the zipper once the rear basket is full of stuff. Which can easily be fix by changing the orientation around.
In Canada it's called eh_Bike

JimInPT

Quote from: Naranja_CT5+ on April 05, 2024, 02:41:09 AM
It seemed you might have a problem accessing the zipper once the rear basket is full of stuff. Which can easily be fix by changing the orientation around.

Yes, that's true and a good point, but most of the time I don't need what's in there, and if I do it's easy enough to pull them out before flipping it over.  But I'm intrigued and will probably try your suggestion to see if I'm missing something.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.